From: Jane Galt on
FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.

But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
discussion about photo topics.

--
- Jane Galt
From: me on
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 11:28:19 -0500, Jane Galt <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz>
wrote:

>FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
>
>But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
>discussion about photo topics.

Don't be afraid to use a kill-file and recognize the names /size of
post and language used be the resident to quickly pass by.
From: Paul Heslop on
Jane Galt wrote:

> FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
>
> But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
> discussion about photo topics.

heh, communist types.

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
From: Jane Galt on
Gilford Brimly <gilfordbrimly(a)spamless.com> wrote :

> With the SD4000's f/2.0 lens and back-lit sensor, I checked out some
> reviews online. It seems to be a pretty decent performer in such a small
> package. It sounds like a perfect pocket-camera for your needs. Even the
> ISO3200 images I've seen online look useful if you applied a little Fourier
> transform to them to tighten up the softness a bit. (Using utilities like
> "Focus Magic"; freeware UnShake <http://www.zen147963.zen.co.uk/> (slow
> java programming but very functional for tightening focus and for fixing
> camera shake); the RL Deconvolution tool now built into RAWTherapee's
> donation-ware (found under sharpening method options); or the overpriced
> and less capable Optipix's "Refocus" plugin.)

Hmm, thanks.

I missed what could have been an amazing shot this week.

I was driving near downtown Denver on Colfax, in front of the Auraria Campus
and as I was stopping for a light, the person with me said that she saw a
couple of guys fighting to the left of me, across the street. As I turned, it
could have been an amazing shot, the guy who lost was walking across the
street towards us in the crosswalk, and the guy who beat him was standing
there staring like a bully at him, with fists clenched. The guy who lost had
his shirt stretched down to his waist in front and blood all over it. It
would have been a powerful photo, but I was driving and had JUST stopped at
the light and didn't have the time to grab a camera from my purse, start it
up, lower the car window and snap it.

--
- Jane Galt
From: Jane Galt on
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote :

> Jane Galt wrote:
>>
>> FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
>>
>> But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
>> discussion about photo topics.
>>
> heh, communist types.

If the shoe fits, dont deny it.

--