From: Robert Coe on
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop(a)blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:
: Jane Galt wrote:
: >
: > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
: >
: > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
: > discussion about photo topics.
: >
: heh, communist types.

Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
yellow to a jaundiced eye.

Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)

Bob
From: Robert Coe on
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 05:15:48 -0700 (PDT), DanP <dan.petre(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
: On Jun 26, 5:28�pm, Jane Galt <Jan...(a)gulch.xyz> wrote:
: > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
: >
: > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a
: > viable discussion about photo topics.
:
: By your logic Pablo Picasso work is all rubbish.

That's a poor analogy. Pablo Picasso's work *is* all rubbish.

Bob
From: Dudley Hanks on

"Robert Coe" <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop
> <paul.heslop(a)blueyonder.co.uk>
> wrote:
> : Jane Galt wrote:
> : >
> : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
> : >
> : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
> : > discussion about photo topics.
> : >
> : heh, communist types.
>
> Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
> character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
> yellow to a jaundiced eye.
>
> Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
> wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
> Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)
>
> Bob

To Jane, you have to be far right of a Republican to avoid the "communist"
label...

Take Care,
Dudley

From: tony cooper on
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:38:58 -0400, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:

>On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop(a)blueyonder.co.uk>
>wrote:
>: Jane Galt wrote:
>: >
>: > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
>: >
>: > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
>: > discussion about photo topics.
>: >
>: heh, communist types.
>
>Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
>character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
>yellow to a jaundiced eye.
>
>Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
>wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
>Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)

One wonders if any of the parts used by the makers of the SD34000IS
were made in Communist China. The owners of most cameras purchase
something imported from China, whether it be camera bag or accessory.

I'm sure Ms Galt is a Communist sympathizer and supports that evil
regime with some of her purchases. She should be pilloried by a
Congressional committee.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Pete on
On 2010-06-27 16:07:43 +0100, Dudley Hanks said:

> "Robert Coe" <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop(a)blueyonder.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>> : Jane Galt wrote:
>> : >
>> : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
>> : >
>> : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
>> : > discussion about photo topics.
>> : >
>> : heh, communist types.
>>
>> Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
>> character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
>> yellow to a jaundiced eye.
>>
>> Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
>> wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
>> Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)
>>
>> Bob
>
> To Jane, you have to be far right of a Republican to avoid the
> "communist" label...

And agree with everything she says.

--
Pete