From: John McWilliams on
Jane Galt wrote:
> Gilford Brimly <gilfordbrimly(a)spamless.com> wrote :
>
>> With the SD4000's f/2.0 lens and back-lit sensor, I checked out some
>> reviews online. It seems to be a pretty decent performer in such a small
>> package. It sounds like a perfect pocket-camera for your needs. Even the
>> ISO3200 images I've seen online look useful if you applied a little Fourier
>> transform to them to tighten up the softness a bit. (Using utilities like
>> "Focus Magic"; freeware UnShake <http://www.zen147963.zen.co.uk/> (slow
>> java programming but very functional for tightening focus and for fixing
>> camera shake); the RL Deconvolution tool now built into RAWTherapee's
>> donation-ware (found under sharpening method options); or the overpriced
>> and less capable Optipix's "Refocus" plugin.)
>
> Hmm, thanks.
>
> I missed what could have been an amazing shot this week.
>
> I was driving near downtown Denver on Colfax, in front of the Auraria Campus
> and as I was stopping for a light, the person with me said that she saw a
> couple of guys fighting to the left of me, across the street. As I turned, it
> could have been an amazing shot, the guy who lost was walking across the
> street towards us in the crosswalk, and the guy who beat him was standing
> there staring like a bully at him, with fists clenched. The guy who lost had
> his shirt stretched down to his waist in front and blood all over it. It
> would have been a powerful photo, but I was driving and had JUST stopped at
> the light and didn't have the time to grab a camera from my purse, start it
> up, lower the car window and snap it.

See?? If you had a DSLR around your neck, you would have gotten the shot.

--
john mcwilliams
From: John McWilliams on
Jane Galt wrote:
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote :
>
>> Jane Galt wrote:
>>> FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
>>>
>>> But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
>>> discussion about photo topics.
>>>
>> heh, communist types.
>>

> If the shoe fits, dont deny it.

We have a couple of persistent pests, incorrectly called trolls, an
occasional real troll wanders by, but by and large even old Joe McC
wouldn't have bothered.

--
john mcwilliams
From: Jane Galt on
John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote :

> Jane Galt wrote:
>> Gilford Brimly <gilfordbrimly(a)spamless.com> wrote :
>>
>>> With the SD4000's f/2.0 lens and back-lit sensor, I checked out some
>>> reviews online. It seems to be a pretty decent performer in such a
>>> small package. It sounds like a perfect pocket-camera for your needs.
>>> Even the ISO3200 images I've seen online look useful if you applied a
>>> little Fourier transform to them to tighten up the softness a bit.
>>> (Using utilities like "Focus Magic"; freeware UnShake
>>> <http://www.zen147963.zen.co.uk/> (slow java programming but very
>>> functional for tightening focus and for fixing camera shake); the RL
>>> Deconvolution tool now built into RAWTherapee's donation-ware (found
>>> under sharpening method options); or the overpriced and less capable
>>> Optipix's "Refocus" plugin.)
>>
>> Hmm, thanks.
>>
>> I missed what could have been an amazing shot this week.
>>
>> I was driving near downtown Denver on Colfax, in front of the Auraria
>> Campus and as I was stopping for a light, the person with me said that
>> she saw a couple of guys fighting to the left of me, across the street.
>> As I turned, it could have been an amazing shot, the guy who lost was
>> walking across the street towards us in the crosswalk, and the guy who
>> beat him was standing there staring like a bully at him, with fists
>> clenched. The guy who lost had his shirt stretched down to his waist in
>> front and blood all over it. It would have been a powerful photo, but I
>> was driving and had JUST stopped at the light and didn't have the time
>> to grab a camera from my purse, start it up, lower the car window and
>> snap it.
>
> See?? If you had a DSLR around your neck, you would have gotten the
> shot.

LOL Not that it would interfere with my paid work or anything.

--
- Jane Galt
From: Paul Heslop on
Jane Galt wrote:

> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote :
>
> > Jane Galt wrote:
> >>
> >> FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
> >>
> >> But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
> >> discussion about photo topics.
> >>
> > heh, communist types.
> >

> If the shoe fits, dont deny it.

Communist types? um, what does that have to do with cameras?

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
From: DanP on
On Jun 26, 5:28 pm, Jane Galt <Jan...(a)gulch.xyz> wrote:
> FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
>
> But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
> discussion about photo topics.
>
> --
> - Jane Galt

By your logic Pablo Picasso work is all rubbish.
In case you wonder, my vote always went to the right parties.

DanP
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Prev: Just A Test Please Ignore