From: tony cooper on
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:07:20 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-06-27 07:48:19 -0700, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> said:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 05:15:48 -0700 (PDT), DanP <dan.petre(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> : On Jun 26, 5:28�pm, Jane Galt <Jan...(a)gulch.xyz> wrote:
>> : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
>> : >
>> : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a
>> : > viable discussion about photo topics.
>> :
>> : By your logic Pablo Picasso work is all rubbish.
>>
>> That's a poor analogy. Pablo Picasso's work *is* all rubbish.
>>
>> Bob
>
>How about the Diego Riviera, Rockefeller fiasco, where political
>interpretation overwrote artistic interpretation.
>(The only problem being that Beck thinks Rockefeller was the communist.)

Glenn Beck? The presence of "Beck" and "thinks" in the same sentence
is oxymoronic.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Dave Cohen on
Robert Coe wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop(a)blueyonder.co.uk>
> wrote:
> : Jane Galt wrote:
> : >
> : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
> : >
> : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
> : > discussion about photo topics.
> : >
> : heh, communist types.
>
> Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
> character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
> yellow to a jaundiced eye.
>
> Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
> wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
> Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)
>
> Bob

Of course that camera, as with a number of others was conceived and
built prior to wwii.
As for the communist bit, I assume our Jane resides on the US side of
the pond where they wouldn't know a communist if they woke up in bed
with one and know even less the philosophical basis of the movement.
In fact, most can't distinguish between the terms communist, fascist,
atheist, democracy, capitalist etc. and cavalierly throw these terms
around to those with whom they disagree, intending such as an insult
rather rather than any true meaning of the terms. But who cares.
From: Paul Heslop on
Robert Coe wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop(a)blueyonder.co.uk>
> wrote:
> : Jane Galt wrote:
> : >
> : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
> : >
> : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
> : > discussion about photo topics.
> : >
> : heh, communist types.
>
> Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
> character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
> yellow to a jaundiced eye.
>
> Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
> wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
> Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)
>
> Bob

:O) I thought she was saying that we are all part of a commune, like
we as a group are too entrenched to be of any use to her.

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
From: Paul Heslop on
Pete wrote:

> On 2010-06-27 16:07:43 +0100, Dudley Hanks said:
>
> > "Robert Coe" <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote in message
> >> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop(a)blueyonder.co.uk>
> >> wrote:
> >> : Jane Galt wrote:
> >> : >
> >> : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
> >> : >
> >> : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
> >> : > discussion about photo topics.
> >> : >
> >> : heh, communist types.
> >>
> >> Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
> >> character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything looks
> >> yellow to a jaundiced eye.
> >>
> >> Not that the group actually is infested with communist types, but that
> >> wouldn't preclude a viable discussion about photo topics. After all, the
> >> Exakta was made in East Germany. ;^)
> >>
> >> Bob
> >
> > To Jane, you have to be far right of a Republican to avoid the
> > "communist" label...
>
> And agree with everything she says.

that's the magic answer!

From: David Ruether on

"Dave Cohen" <user(a)example.net> wrote in message

> As for the communist bit, I assume our Jane resides on the US side of the pond where they wouldn't know a communist if they woke
> up in bed with one and know even less the philosophical basis of the movement.
> In fact, most can't distinguish between the terms communist, fascist, atheist, democracy, capitalist etc. and cavalierly throw
> these terms around to those with whom they disagree, intending such as an insult rather rather than any true meaning of the terms.
> But who cares.

How true, and, how true...! 8^)
I don't know why Americans are so often so stupid about politics, but,
as with, "I don't know anything about art, but I know what I like", many
Americans are often similar with politics, making their uninformed
comments about it useless (although potentially dangerous...).
--DR

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Prev: Just A Test Please Ignore