From: Savageduck on
On 2010-06-28 18:30:20 -0700, Jane Galt <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> said:

> Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote :
>
>> Why would I profess any personal agenda in a photo newsgroup? I can
>> shine a light on stupid rationalizing from time to time. Sometimes that
>> light falls on me, sometimes someone else.
>>

> PLONK too.

Phew!
That was like a date from Hell, and you only escape when you agree not
to exchange numbers.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Robert Coe on
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:18:53 -0500, Jane Galt <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote:
: Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote :
:
: > On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:08:42 -0500, Jane Galt <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote:
: >: Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote :
: >:
: >: > On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:56:54 +0100, Paul Heslop
: >: > <paul.heslop(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
: >: >: Jane Galt wrote:
: >: >: >
: >: >: > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
: >: >: >
: >: >: > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a viable
: >: >: > discussion about photo topics.
: >: >: >
: >: >: heh, communist types.
: >: >
: >: > Well, consider the source. Jane appears to have named herself after a
: >: > character in one of Ayn Rand's ultra-capitalist screeds. Everything
: >: > looks yellow to a jaundiced eye.
: >:
: >: Smear people who believe in freedom. Very nice.
: >
: > You obviously think I'm one of your "communist types". This may come as a
: > shock to you; but given the demographics of Usenet, the odds are that I've
: > been a registered Republican for longer than you've been alive.
:
: What would it have to do with demographics?

Most people on Usenet are a good bit younger than I am.

: Are you, or not?

I have been a registered Republican since 1958.

: And who cares? "Republicrat" is a meaningless term because it's not
: objectively defined. You could be a conservative or a leninist and still be
: under the "big tent" of that undefined party.

I'm a Barry Goldwater Republican. (You've heard of him?) Which means I'm to
the left of virtually everybody in the party today.

Bob
From: Robert Coe on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 01:34:20 -0700 (PDT), DanP <dan.petre(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
: On Jun 27, 3:48�pm, Robert Coe <b...(a)1776.COM> wrote:
: > On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 05:15:48 -0700 (PDT), DanP <dan.pe...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
: >
: > : On Jun 26, 5:28 pm, Jane Galt <Jan...(a)gulch.xyz> wrote:
: > : > FYI, for the few friendlies here, I decided to order the SD4000IS.
: > : >
: > : > But this group is too infested with communist types to have a
: > : > viable discussion about photo topics.
: > :
: > : By your logic Pablo Picasso work is all rubbish.
: >
: > That's a poor analogy. Pablo Picasso's work *is* all rubbish.
: >
: > Bob
:
: Do you use Canon or Nikon?

I ought to have better sense than to answer that. But what the hell, everybody
in this group knows anyway. I was a Nikon user in the film days and switched
to Canon when I went digital.

So what's that got to do with Pablo Picasso? I'd guess he was a Leica user,
assuming he ever took photographs at all.

Bob
From: tony cooper on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:06:35 -0400, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:

>I have been a registered Republican since 1958.

I'm just a newcomer to politics, then, I registered as a Republican in
May, 1959. For several years I even voted Republican.

I am still a registered Republican, but it's been years since I've
voted for a Republican for national or state office. (I sometimes
vote for a Republican for local office)

I remain registered as a Republican to be a "spoiler" in the
Republican primary. I believe that the biggest danger to this country
is the Christian Conservative, so I vote for the opponent of anyone
who is endorsed by the Christian Coalition.

Remaining a registered Republican is also a bit fun at times. I get
telephone calls near the elections from campaign workers for
Republican candidates. They start out assuming, because I'm a
registered Republican, that I'm on their side. The conversation goes
downhill - for them - very quickly.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: tony cooper on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 20:31:08 -0500, Jane Galt <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz>
wrote:

>Paul Heslop <paul.heslop(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote :
>
>> Jane Galt wrote:

>>> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2541446/posts
>>>
>>> THE ANATOMY OF A SMEAR:
>>> How the Left is fighting to silence Glenn Beck
>>>
>>> Fascinating article, describes these guys to a T.
>>
>> I bet you hate Michael Moore
>
>You win that bet.

You don't have to be a right-winger to dislike Michael Moore. I think
he's a fraud. Like Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, and the rest of the
radical fringe, Moore presents selected bits that support his
positions. Moore's a radical, but at the opposite end of the spectrum
from the others mentioned.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last