From: RobertAtHome on
I have had this problem and I am running a Windows Vista Home Premium on a
Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo computer. My PC uses a wireless USB connection
(D-LINK DWA 140 Rangebooster) to a D-LINK DIR-655 Router.

I get this problem when I try to install IE 8.

I tried your idea with:
runas with the only user that is an administrator (not called administrator
though)
and then
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

Didn't work since this requires a raise in privilege. Any suggestions?

I seem to get this error code when trying to install IE updates.

Windows update shows the code 80070570 when trying to to security upgrade
to Windows Vista (KB974145). Gets a link to Microsoft security bulletin:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS10-009.mspx
It is stated there that:
"The security update addresses the vulnerabilities by changing the way
Windows TCP/IP performs bounds checking and other packet handling operations."

Do I have some kind of TCP/IP problem on this computer?

Please advice

--
Thank you
RobertAtHome

From: Robert Aldwinckle on

"RobertAtHome" <RobertAtHome(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have had this problem and I am running a Windows Vista Home Premium on a
> Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo computer. My PC uses a wireless USB connection
> (D-LINK DWA 140 Rangebooster) to a D-LINK DIR-655 Router.
>
> I get this problem when I try to install IE 8.
>
> I tried your idea with:
> runas with the only user that is an administrator (not called
> administrator
> though)
> and then
> netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
>

> Didn't work since this requires a raise in privilege. Any suggestions?

Because your Administrator doesn't have a password assigned to it? Add a
password to it then you can use it. Otherwise retry the procedure in a
safe mode boot with cmd only.

> I seem to get this error code when trying to install IE updates.
>
> Windows update shows the code 80070570 when trying to to security upgrade
> to Windows Vista (KB974145).

<cmd_output OS="W7">
C:\>set /a c = 0x570
1392
C:\>net helpmsg %c%

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
</cmd_output>

That sounds unhealthy. ; }

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle