From: gray asphalt on

What resolution are you using? Do you believe the 1080p
is a lot better than 720p? I'm getting 1360 x 768 from a 720.
I really like Nvidia. You can make multiple desktops with
different resolutions and do a lot of other cool things, as
you already know. I'm using a 22" Samsung HDTV but I've
got a Sanyo 26" in the other room that I could switch but
maybe I'll purchase a 1080i. 32" seems big but my eyes
aren't what they used to be and there are two 19" monitors,
one on each side of the 22" so maybe a 32" would be good.
Did you pay about $100 for your video card? Is yours a
EN9800GT or a EN9800GT+ ? I'm not sure of a difference
except the price.

From: Phoenix on
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 16:13:03 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
> The killer robot Phoenix <fake(a)fakeemail.com> grabbed the controls
of the
> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> > I have my nvidia 8800GT running via dvi-to-hdmi cable to my 40"
TV;
> > dunno what brand but it's not fancy; don't even think it's gold
> > plated. Looks great. Maybe if I was a pro videographer I'd notice
> > something.

> DVI and HDMI are pretty much the same thing, except DVI has no
audio on the
> same cable.

> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> ________ __
> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
> / /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
> \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/

> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> Hear My Music
http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

That makes sense; anyway what I meant was it's a no -frills cable and
the quality's fine.
I do wish I had HDMI out on my video card now that I have the new TV,
but that will have to wait.
From: Phoenix on
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 19:38:06 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
> The killer robot "gray asphalt" <dontwrite(a)gmail.com> grabbed the
> controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these
buttons...

> > What resolution are you using? Do you believe the 1080p
> > is a lot better than 720p? I'm getting 1360 x 768 from a 720.

> I'm running 1920x1080, and I think it's better because I can put
> a whole lot more tracks on screen at once.

> > I really like Nvidia. You can make multiple desktops with
> > different resolutions and do a lot of other cool things, as
> > you already know. I'm using a 22" Samsung HDTV but I've
> > got a Sanyo 26" in the other room that I could switch but
> > maybe I'll purchase a 1080i. 32" seems big but my eyes
> > aren't what they used to be and there are two 19" monitors,

> You get used to 32" real fast. I use a 22" at work, and I
> miss my big monitor there.

> > one on each side of the 22" so maybe a 32" would be good.
> > Did you pay about $100 for your video card? Is yours a
> > EN9800GT or a EN9800GT+ ? I'm not sure of a difference
> > except the price.

> It was just under $100, and there was a $20 rebate. It's
> this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121352&Tpk=EN9
800GT

> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> ________ __
> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
> / /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
> \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/

> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> Hear My Music
http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

The only problem with my TV as monitor is that it's at right angles
to where my DAW is. Sometimes I think about trying a wireless mouse
/keyboard combo but aren't they problematic with audio apps?
From: Ted Perlman on
<Now everything is freeking razor sharp, and text is squeeky clean on the
screen>

I just hooked up my new monitor to the DAW with an HDMI out on the video
card, and I couldn't agree more. Much clearer than the SVIDEO connection
was.

--
Regards,

Ted Perlman
www.tedperlman.com
www.myspace.com/tedperlman
www.facebook.com/ted.perlman

From: gray asphalt on
One thing different about my workstation is
that I mounted a sliding drawer under my piano,
Yamaha DGX-505. So it pulls out when I want
to do computer stuff, actually it stays out almost
all of the time because it doesn't get in the way
of the keyboard ... the digital piano is my
computer stand, sort of. The monitors are
monted on 3/4" pipe that I had welded together.
It made a huge difference to my health when my
chiropractor told me to put them at eye level,
the bottom of the screen is at that height. The
sliders sold at Home Depot and Lowe's are real
strong and easy to install.

Now if I can find a way to a/c my garage ...

"Phoenix" <fake(a)fakeemail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 19:38:06 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
> <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
>> The killer robot "gray asphalt" <dontwrite(a)gmail.com> grabbed the
>> controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these
> buttons...
>
>> > What resolution are you using? Do you believe the 1080p
>> > is a lot better than 720p? I'm getting 1360 x 768 from a 720.
>

>> I'm running 1920x1080, and I think it's better because I can put
>> a whole lot more tracks on screen at once.
>

>> > I really like Nvidia. You can make multiple desktops with
>> > different resolutions and do a lot of other cool things, as
>> > you already know. I'm using a 22" Samsung HDTV but I've
>> > got a Sanyo 26" in the other room that I could switch but
>> > maybe I'll purchase a 1080i. 32" seems big but my eyes
>> > aren't what they used to be and there are two 19" monitors,
>

>> You get used to 32" real fast. I use a 22" at work, and I miss my big
>> monitor there.
>

>> > one on each side of the 22" so maybe a 32" would be good.
>> > Did you pay about $100 for your video card? Is yours a
>> > EN9800GT or a EN9800GT+ ? I'm not sure of a difference
>> > except the price.
>

>> It was just under $100, and there was a $20 rebate. It's this one.
>

> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121352&Tpk=EN9
> 800GT
>

>> --
>> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
>> ________ __ / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
>> / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
>> / /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
>> \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/
>> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
>> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
>> Hear My Music
> http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms
>
> The only problem with my TV as monitor is that it's at right angles to
> where my DAW is. Sometimes I think about trying a wireless mouse /keyboard
> combo but aren't they problematic with audio apps?

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: New System Problems
Next: Song: Velvet Revolution