From: Peter Roussy on
I was going to do the same thing with this new system but I didn't know how
much of a difference it would make. I'll have to try it now. I was in future
shop and a guy tried to tell me there was a difference if you used the fancy
gold plated expensive cable. I wasn't buying it, though it did make me
question whether there could be a difference in cables.

Peter

From: Bob Donald on
Well, There were alot of tests done on that, and the 4 dollar monoprice HDMI
spec'ed out identical to the 100 dollar monster cable. It was funny, when I
was looking at TV's last month, I mentioned that I was looking for more HDMI
inputs, and the salesman tells me "save yourself some money and buy them
online, you'll save a ton of money and our rep came in and showed us that
there is no difference". I already knew this, but sure built up some
confidence in his knowledge! :)

From: Phoenix on
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 04:58:28 GMT, "Peter Roussy" <rugzy(a)telus.net>
wrote:
> I was going to do the same thing with this new system but I didn't
know how
> much of a difference it would make. I'll have to try it now. I was
in future
> shop and a guy tried to tell me there was a difference if you used
the fancy
> gold plated expensive cable. I wasn't buying it, though it did make
me
> question whether there could be a difference in cables.

> Peter

> "Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> >
> > So since I recently bought an Asus EN9800GT video card, which has
an HDMI
> > out, and I'm using a 32" 1080p HDTV as my monitor, I decided to
pop for an
> > HDMI cable to replace the VGA cable I was connecting through.
WOW what a
> > freeking night and day difference! I was bugged by the little
bit of
> > video
> > ringing over VGA, which made text slightly fuzzy. Now everything
is
> > freeking razor sharp, and text is squeeky clean on the screen.
Playing
> > HiDef video from my HTPC looks great too. It was totally worth
the $10
> > including shipping from Newegg, and now I have the VGA cable at
the bottom
> > center of my desk, where I can easily plug other computers into
my big
> > monitor when I'm diagnosing them.
> >
> > --
> > Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> > ________ __
> > / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> > / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
> > / /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
> > \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/

> > Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> > Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> > Hear My Music
http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

I have my nvidia 8800GT running via dvi-to-hdmi cable to my 40" TV;
dunno what brand but it's not fancy; don't even think it's gold
plated. Looks great. Maybe if I was a pro videographer I'd notice
something.
From: Peter Roussy on
Good to know.

From: Peter Roussy on
This just came in the door from Mwave this morning so I just ordered it.
$5.99 with free shipping.

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SKUSearch_v3.asp?px=MP&scriteria=SA02273

They must have been listening.

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> The killer robot Phoenix <fake(a)fakeemail.com> grabbed the controls of the
> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> I have my nvidia 8800GT running via dvi-to-hdmi cable to my 40" TV;
>> dunno what brand but it's not fancy; don't even think it's gold
>> plated. Looks great. Maybe if I was a pro videographer I'd notice
>> something.
>
> DVI and HDMI are pretty much the same thing, except DVI has no audio on
> the
> same cable.
>
> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> ________ __
> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits