From: polymod on
I want to thank Sue for making this collaboration between
artist/musician/guitarist/bassist Mark Cole and myself happen. It's been a
pleasure working with him and it won't be the last time for sure! :)

http://www.sonicmusic.net/Velvet_Revolution.mp3

Poly

From: Nil on
On 07 Apr 2010, "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in
cakewalk.audio:

> I want to thank Sue for making this collaboration between
> artist/musician/guitarist/bassist Mark Cole and myself happen.
> It's been a pleasure working with him and it won't be the last
> time for sure! :)
>
> http://www.sonicmusic.net/Velvet_Revolution.mp3

You constantly amaze me with the speed you put these beautifully
written and performed recordings. My own "writing", if it could be
called that, is so labored that it takes me weeks or months to do the
smallest thing, and it sounds it. Your stuff is so natural and
unforced.

Anyway, I love this one. Great song! My only complaint is a technical
one - it sounds rather harsh and the top end sounds kind of distorted.
Maybe it's the MP3 compression.
From: John Braner on
On 07/04/2010 16:36, polymod wrote:
> I want to thank Sue for making this collaboration between
> artist/musician/guitarist/bassist Mark Cole and myself happen. It's been a
> pleasure working with him and it won't be the last time for sure! :)
>

> http://www.sonicmusic.net/Velvet_Revolution.mp3
>
> Poly

Very nice tune. I'm not crazy about the vocals though. It's not that there's anything "wrong" with
them - it's just me.

The rest of the tune is great though ;-)

--
===========
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
From: polymod on

"Nil" <rednoise(a)REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in message
> On 07 Apr 2010, "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in
> cakewalk.audio:
>
> > I want to thank Sue for making this collaboration between
> > artist/musician/guitarist/bassist Mark Cole and myself happen.
> > It's been a pleasure working with him and it won't be the last
> > time for sure! :)
> >
> > http://www.sonicmusic.net/Velvet_Revolution.mp3
>
> You constantly amaze me with the speed you put these beautifully
> written and performed recordings. My own "writing", if it could be
> called that, is so labored that it takes me weeks or months to do the
> smallest thing, and it sounds it. Your stuff is so natural and
> unforced.

Thanks for the kind words.
To be honest, this one did take a fair amount of time.

> Anyway, I love this one. Great song! My only complaint is a technical
> one - it sounds rather harsh and the top end sounds kind of distorted.
> Maybe it's the MP3 compression.

Thanks for the comments. I'll check 'er out!

Poly

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.coffeehouse and pressed these buttons...
>
> > I want to thank Sue for making this collaboration between
> > artist/musician/guitarist/bassist Mark Cole and myself happen. It's
> > been a pleasure working with him and it won't be the last time for
> > sure! :)
> >

> > http://www.sonicmusic.net/Velvet_Revolution.mp3
>
> Nice and velvety, but not being an actual 45 RPM rekkerd,
> I didn't see much revolving. ;)

That's because it's *you* that has to revolve!
;)

Poly