From: Shmuel Metz on
Now that OpenSUSE no longer includes KDE3, it would appear to be time to
migrate my address book and calendar from KDE3 to KDE4. Is that just a
matter of copying files from .kde to .kde4, or are there edits that I need
to run? I'd also like to migrate KMail, but that's less critical.

reply to spamtrap(a)library.lspace.org

From: David Bolt on
On Thursday 17 Dec 2009 14:06, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
houghi painted this mural:

> Shmuel Metz wrote:
>> Now that OpenSUSE no longer includes KDE3, it would appear to be time to
>> migrate my address book and calendar from KDE3 to KDE4. Is that just a
>> matter of copying files from .kde to .kde4, or are there edits that I need
>> to run? I'd also like to migrate KMail, but that's less critical.
>
> I would look if there is an export an import function in any of the
> programs.

Korganizer does, and it's how I copied my calendar from one machine to
another. It's also how I make sure that more than one system has a copy
of the calendar so I don't lose the dates for any special events stored
in it by having them copied to multiple systems. They're under the file
menu as import and export. I use the Export to iCalendar on my main
system, and import the exported data into the others systems.

Kaddressbook also has import and export under the File menu. It can
import a KDE2 format address book, which I'd assume the KDE3 version is
capable of writing.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net OGR-NG @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~1Mkeys/s
openSUSE 11.0 32b | | openSUSE 11.2 32b |