From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Are either of the updates offered by Automatic Updates now?

From: jiger on
Of course not as they are hidden ("Don´t show me this update again"). I culd
have done that from the beginning, without doing anything else.
Can I be sure that the updates are in place? Why do they show up if don´t
hide them?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
If KB976569 and KB976570 are both listed in Add/Remove Programs, don't worry
about it.

I have no idea why they were reoffered.

From: Robert Aldwinckle on
"jiger" <jiger(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see
> that
> they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under successful
> uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available
> updates as if they were not installed!
> Are they really installed or not?

> What should I do?

Use MBSA for a second opinion or use the corresponding KB article module
information to assess whether you have all the modules still installed and
not some regressed somehow. You could also activate verbose logging (ref.
KB90293) and if necessary supplement those diagnostics with a ProcMon trace
of them being created. Finally, it may be enough simply to redo the
updates as manual installs. You could do that in a more controlled
environment, e.g. offline and with minimal possible interferers (such as an
AV app) running at the same time.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

From: Ottmar Freudenberger on
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> schrieb:

> Are either of the updates offered by Automatic Updates now?

Both haven't been offered via Auto Update at all. They are "deployed" as
Optional Updates via WU/MU AFAICS.

Bye,
Freudi