From: jiger on
I have installed the recent updates according to the above and I can see that
they are installed in add/remove programs as well as under successful
uppdates under WUP. Still they turn up everytime I go to WUP as available
updates as if they were not installed!
Are they really installed or not? What should I do?
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

From: jiger on
I have Win XP sp3 with all (?) the recent updates from WUP.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Please don't reply to yourself.

If and only if KB976569 and KB976570 are both listed in Add/Remove Programs:

1. Stop the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Stop
(Stopping the service will take a moment)

2. Delete the contents of the Download folder:

Start > Run > (type in) %windir%\SoftwareDistribution > [OK]
Open the Download folder and delete its contents
Close the window.

3. Go to Windows Update website | Select CUSTOM and allow the scan to
complete | Uncheck/deselect KB976569 and KB976570 and hide them both ("Don't
show me this update again").

4. Start the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Start
(Starting the service will take a moment)
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

jiger wrote:
> I have Win XP sp3 with all (?) the recent updates from WUP.

<paste>
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
> newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
</paste>

From: jiger on
OK, I have done this. Can I trust that everything is OK now?