From: Neil on
Update KB978542 will not install error code 0x8007FODA.I am using windows XP.
From: MowGreen on

Neil wrote:
> Update KB978542 will not install error code 0x8007FODA.I am using windows XP.

1) Which version of Internet Explorer is installed?
2) XP SP1, SP2, or SP3 ?

You receive error code 0x8007F0DA when use the Windows Update Web site
or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958050
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: lemz on
I cannot get this update to download and install--over and over it says
update failed. I have Win Xp Home, run AVG, Windows FireWall and use Malware
Bytes but it is not continually running. I have installed OutLook Express 6
and Windows Live Mail 2009 but I am not using them. I am getting my mail
through the browser.

I have had problems with Window's live Messenger--unknown people asking for
me to put them on my list. I didn't do that. It happened before when there
were security problems with MS programs.

I hope someone can tell me why this won't download and install because it is
a securty update. ty

From: Neil on