From: Charles Douglas Wehner on
It has happened before. A new operating system to rival Windows was
being developed, along with FreeBasic. Microsoft reported that certain
old, possibly buggy, and useless source files had been "stolen" from a
core-dump, and published on the Internet.

The team surrounding FreeBasic were infiltrated, the original files
for the new system were deleted, and the Microsoft files substituted.
The team was accused of plagiarism. The project collapsed.

Now, at KDE, the infiltration has also taken place.

I offered to put some of my compression technology in the public
domain. This is much in the same vein as C-Cube making JPEG public
whilst keeping MPEG private. I was immediately ATTACKED, and spammed
with invitiations to "UNSUBSCRIBE".

Character-assassination began at once. I was accused of being a "nut"
who set out to "disprove General Relativity", by a "developer" who
obviously knew nothing on the subject of Relativity. There is NO
General Relativity. I was explaining WHY there is no General
Relativity - which Einstein spent his life seeking. Einstein found
SPECIAL Relativity, which I did not seek to "disprove".

There is no point in answering these self-designated "Trolls". Their
purpose is DISRUPTION, to help Microsoft.

They always have a glib excuse. For example, they will say that
"General Relativity" was a MISTAKE, that they MEANT "Special
Relativity", and then continue with their character-assassination, and
their "mistakes". They do not need accuracy. Their "work" has NOTHING
to do with KDE development. They do NOT develop products. They
sabotage those who are doing so.

The "moderator" allowed all these malicious, off-topic postings.

Then somebody asked my about KAuth. I wrote that I do not know KAuth,
"but please tell the site owners that I am being spammed".

The "moderator" does not want the site owners to know that they have
been infiltrated. He stopped my reply.

The excuse was that my statement "I do not know KAuth" was off-topic
(where KAuth, I believe, is a KDE application). In reality, it was
stopped because I tried to pass on the message "You have been
inflitrated", by mentioning the malicious spam.

After that, I was "UNSUBSCRIBED" against my wishes by "person or
persons unknown". That is how they smash up the competition - by
stopping progress.

Charles Douglas Wehner

From: Mark Hobley on
Charles Douglas Wehner <charleswehner(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Microsoft reported that certain old, possibly buggy, and useless source
> files had been "stolen" from a core-dump, and published on the Internet.
>
> The team surrounding FreeBasic were infiltrated, the original files
> for the new system were deleted, and the Microsoft files substituted.
> The team was accused of plagiarism. The project collapsed.

I could not find this story anywhere. Do you have a link to this?

The freebasic project still exists FWIW:

http://www.freebasic.net/

> Now, at KDE, the infiltration has also taken place.

Hmmm. So does KDE ...

http://www.kde.org/

> I offered to put some of my compression technology in the public
> domain.

Ok. Just stick them on your website, post them to comp.sources or upload
them to sourceforge.

Mark.

--
Mark Hobley
Linux User: #370818 http://markhobley.yi.org/

From: Nix on
On 30 Mar 2010, Paul Martin uttered the following:
> As Linus says, "Show us the code."

But please don't show us the proof that Einstein was wrong.
From: Nix on
On 30 Mar 2010, Paul Martin spake thusly:

> In article <87r5n1vb7s.fsf(a)spindle.srvr.nix>,
> Nix wrote:
>> On 30 Mar 2010, Paul Martin uttered the following:
>>> As Linus says, "Show us the code."
>
>> But please don't show us the proof that Einstein was wrong.
>
> Einstein *was* wrong. He couldn't find a way of unifying his General
> Relativity with Quantum Theory. (Nobody has, so far.)

GR maybe... but the photoelectric effect?

> On the other hand, I'm told he was good at building sandcastles.

:)
From: Paul Rudin on
Paul Martin <pm(a)nowster.org.uk> writes:

> In article <87r5n1vb7s.fsf(a)spindle.srvr.nix>,
> Nix wrote:
>> On 30 Mar 2010, Paul Martin uttered the following:
>>> As Linus says, "Show us the code."
>
>> But please don't show us the proof that Einstein was wrong.
>
> Einstein *was* wrong. He couldn't find a way of unifying his General
> Relativity with Quantum Theory. (Nobody has, so far.)

I don't pretend expertise in this area - but isn't a bit disingenuos to
describe him as "wrong"? He failed to find a unifying theory - that
doesn't mean that any of his stuff is actually wrong does it?