From: Neil Ellwood on
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:48:12 -0500, RodMcKay wrote:

> Just an organizational thing. Was wondering if there was something
> either native to Linux Fedora or if there was a program in the
> repository at least, that would allow us to organize desktop icons into
> (preferably as easy as dragging and dropping "desktop" icons into
> folders, or whatever, then icons appear in these hand-picked
> "quadrants")?

I have found over the last few years that I do not like ikons all over the
place and because of that I have turned over to E16 as my window manager.

Each to his own.

--
neil
Reverse 'r' + 'a' and remove 'l'.
From: alexd on
On 05/04/10 22:24, RodMcKay wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 19:10:07 +0100, Geoff Clements
> <bitbucket(a)electron.me.uk> wrote:

>> Isn't this what the Folder View widget in KDE 4.x does?

> For the desktop?

Yes. Right-click the desktop, Add Widgets, select Folder View.

Once you've added them, you can configure them to your hearts content by
clicking on the spanner.

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEsNpEaTm(a)ale.cx)
18:52:49 up 62 days, 1:12, 2 users, load average: 0.06, 0.17, 0.16