From: Dan Sgambelluri on
Ed Mullen wrote:
> Dan Sgambelluri wrote:

>>> I think he wants messages from others, not his messages.
>>>

>>> Right click on the message and select Copy to Inbox Again or Copy To
>>> and select where you want a copy to go.
>>>
>>> Also, you can save the message as a email file. Right click on the
>>> message and select Save as.
>> on second thought, maybe I was wrong.
>>
>> There is a tag option.
>>
>> Right click on the message and select Tag and then select how
>> important the message is.
>
> If the message is deleted from the server I don't think that will help,
> will it?

you can always bookmark it in Google Groups
From: Raymond on
Dan Sgambelluri wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> Dan Sgambelluri wrote:

>>> on second thought, maybe I was wrong.
>>>
>>> There is a tag option.
>>>
>>> Right click on the message and select Tag and then select how
>>> important the message is.
>>
>> If the message is deleted from the server I don't think that will
>> help, will it?
>>
> you can always bookmark it in Google Groups

Thanks to all who have provided suggestions and information. I
wanted to be able to keep particular threads like this one alive
inside the newsgroup on my system, but it looks like I am unable to
do so, so what I have done is created a local folder called
"Newsgroup Messages" and am saving these messages there..

Thanks again..

--
Regards,
Raymond

-=-=-
.... Taglines: the restroom wall of BBS'ing
-=-=-

From: Gualtier Malde on
Raymond wrote:
> Dan Sgambelluri wrote:
>> Ed Mullen wrote:

>>> If the message is deleted from the server I don't think that will
>>> help, will it?
>>>
>> you can always bookmark it in Google Groups
>
> Thanks to all who have provided suggestions and information. I
> wanted to be able to keep particular threads like this one alive
> inside the newsgroup on my system, but it looks like I am unable to
> do so, so what I have done is created a local folder called
> "Newsgroup Messages" and am saving these messages there..
>
> Thanks again..

I have two folders in Thunderbird: Saved Mail and Saved News. When I find
something of interest I click the little paper clip icon to the left of the
thread and drag the whole thing to Saved News. I have sub-folders there for
Mozilla, Windows, Security, etc. Easy and uncomplicated and it will be there as
long as my profile walks the earth.