From: HenriK on
I own a collection of both and new PCs and want to buy a new KVM
switcher so I can use a single keyboard/monitor/pointing device with
them. The most interesting recent KVM switches have moved from PS/2
keyboard and pointing device interfaces to USB interfaces.

How easy is it to convert from USB to PS/2 (and visa-versa) and how
reliable are the conversion adaptors and cables I see advertised?

Many thanks, in advance, for any and all advice, information,
suggestions, and warnings.
From: smlunatick on
On Dec 10, 8:20 pm, HenriK <bedp...(a)attglobal.net> wrote:
> I own a collection of both and new PCs and want to buy a new KVM
> switcher so I can use a single keyboard/monitor/pointing device with
> them.  The most interesting recent KVM switches have moved from PS/2
> keyboard and pointing device interfaces to USB interfaces.
>
> How easy is it to convert from USB to PS/2 (and visa-versa) and how
> reliable are the conversion adaptors and cables I see advertised?
>
> Many thanks, in advance, for any and all advice, information,
> suggestions, and warnings.

PS/2 to USB conversions are the standard way possible. USB to PS/2
does not semm to be possible.