From: Wanna-Be Sys Admin on
McSwell wrote:

> I have for years used a home-made keyboard remapping program under
> Windows, which allows me to map control keys (actually, the caps-lock
> + alphabetic keys) to cursor control keys.

Try seeking help in comp.os.linux.development.system Very, very little
spam and real posts about this sort of thing.
--
Not really a wanna-be, but I don't know everything.
From: McSwell on
On Dec 29, 7:54 pm, Wanna-Be Sys Admin <sysad...(a)example.com> wrote:
> Try seeking help in comp.os.linux.development.system  Very, very little
> spam and real posts about this sort of thing.

Thanks, will do!

> Not really a wanna-be, but I don't know everything.

Well, you knew something I didn't know :-!

From: HASM on
McSwell <maxwell(a)umiacs.umd.edu> writes:

> For instance, ^H is left one character (= left arrow), ^J down one line
> (= down arrow), ^W forward one word (= control right arrow), and so
> forth.

> For example, ^D outputs seven down arrow keystrokes, and ^U outputs seven
> up arrow keystrokes.

Looks like it would be simpler to switch to emacs/xemacs :-)

-- HASM