From: Manuel Rodriguez on
I have Ubuntu installed. I wanna change the partition size (shrink
down to have space for a fat16 partition). I know, that "parted" is
the right tool for me because it holds my files on disk. If i start
"parted" i get the message:
/dev/sda1 is busy, please unmount

Ok, i know the conflict: I've booted ubuntu on /dev/sda1 and want to
change exact this harddrive. To solve the conflict it would be a good
idea to use Knoppix and boot from CD-Rom. And then change /dev/sda1.
My problem is that i have no Knoppix CD-ROM. And i also have no
Tomsrtbt-rescue disk or something else. So my idea is to boot Ubuntu
without mounting the harddisk. Perhaps the mysterios "initrd" file can
help me. But i don't know how. Any hints?
From: John Reiser on
> /dev/sda1 is busy, please unmount

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/
Boot a CD with gparted, then all partitions will be modifiable.
gparted also provides a helpful graphical display.

--

Pages: 1
Prev: Keyboard re-mapping
Next: GRUB Error 17