From: Joe Cool on
I have developed a system tray application with VS2008 in C#. Usually,
a system tray application is always running. So when a new version of
the application is installed using a VS Setup project, a window is
displayed that prompts the user to either a) kill the process and
click Try Again, b) click continue but the user must restart their
system before the new version is available or c) click exit
installation.

I wanted to make it easier on the user by putting some code in a
Custom Action that looks to see if the process is running and if it is
kill it. So I wrote the code in an installer class in the Install
override. But apparently, the Install custom action is not called
until after the installer needs the application stopped.

Is there any way I can accomplish this in a VS setup project?