From: Raj on
I got the following errors in the WebService Client program.

Both the .asmx and .asmd?WSDL are accessible through browser.

Warning 1 Custom tool warning: Cannot import wsdl:binding
Detail: The required WSDL extension element 'binding' from namespace
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/' was not handled.
XPath to Error Source:
//wsdl:definitions[@targetNamespace='http://localhost/KRA/ASPDOTNET/WebService1']/wsdl:binding[@name='Service1HttpGet'] E:\KRA\CSharp\29-12-2009\WebServiceConsumer\WebServiceConsumer\Service
References\ServiceReference1\Reference.svcmap 1 1 WebServiceConsumer

Warning 4 Custom tool warning: Cannot import wsdl:port
Detail: There was an error importing a wsdl:binding that the wsdl:port is
dependent on.
XPath to wsdl:binding:
//wsdl:definitions[@targetNamespace='http://localhost/KRA/ASPDOTNET/WebService1']/wsdl:binding[@name='Service1HttpPost']
XPath to Error Source:
//wsdl:definitions[@targetNamespace='http://localhost/KRA/ASPDOTNET/WebService1']/wsdl:service[@name='Service1']/wsdl:port[@name='Service1HttpPost'] E:\KRA\CSharp\29-12-2009\WebServiceConsumer\WebServiceConsumer\Service
References\ServiceReference1\Reference.svcmap 1 1 WebServiceConsumer

Warning 3 Custom tool warning: Cannot import wsdl:binding
Detail: The required WSDL extension element 'binding' from namespace
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/' was not handled.
XPath to Error Source:
//wsdl:definitions[@targetNamespace='http://localhost/KRA/ASPDOTNET/WebService1']/wsdl:binding[@name='Service1HttpPost'] E:\KRA\CSharp\29-12-2009\WebServiceConsumer\WebServiceConsumer\Service
References\ServiceReference1\Reference.svcmap 1 1 WebServiceConsumer

Warning 2 Custom tool warning: Cannot import wsdl:port
Detail: There was an error importing a wsdl:binding that the wsdl:port is
dependent on.
XPath to wsdl:binding:
//wsdl:definitions[@targetNamespace='http://localhost/KRA/ASPDOTNET/WebService1']/wsdl:binding[@name='Service1HttpGet']
XPath to Error Source:
//wsdl:definitions[@targetNamespace='http://localhost/KRA/ASPDOTNET/WebService1']/wsdl:service[@name='Service1']/wsdl:port[@name='Service1HttpGet'] E:\KRA\CSharp\29-12-2009\WebServiceConsumer\WebServiceConsumer\Service
References\ServiceReference1\Reference.svcmap 1 1 WebServiceConsumer

I have recompiled the web service, regenerated proxy, updated service
references copied the compiled dll to bin ... no respite!

Any workaround will be appreciated

Thank you

Regards
Raj
From: Raj on
After I remove the protocols such as HTTP/GET and HTTP/POST in my web.config
it is workin fine

From: olksy on
On 13 янв, 12:08, Raj <R...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> After I remove the protocols such as HTTP/GET and HTTP/POST in my web.config
> it is workin fine

It would nice to be an explanation, what way does this help.

Yes, I have commented out HTTP/GET and HTTP/POST in my web.config like
that:

<webServices>
<protocols>
<!--commeted out
<add name="HttpGet"/>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
-->
</protocols>
</webServices>

SUCCESS: Yes, when I invoke a method via web service test page in
Visual Studio development web server instance, it works fine.

FAIL: But after I deployed the web service to IIS, it issues the
following service test page error on any method call:

System.InvalidOperationException: Request format is unrecognized for
URL unexpectedly ending in '/ListAllSocialNetworks'.

SUCCESS: Though, after I added the web service as service reference to
my client project, the client project works fine with it.

CLARIFICATION??? So, it seems, when I comment out HTTP/GET and HTTP/
POST, the client app uses SOAP web service bypassing HTTP/GET and HTTP/
POST somehow. The questions is, what session layer protocol for SOAP
web service provides in this case?