From: Saint Atique on
I want to kill the parent window after its task is done and create a
child window to proceed the next tasks. How can close the parent
Window or deactivate it so that program doesn't quit!

I have some edit control, buttons in the Parent Window. When I press
tab focus doesn't move to next one.

Plz give me hints.

I'm a beginner. Plz pardon my mistakes.

Windows Seven Ultimate x86
Vistual Studio 2008 Pro
From: Alain on
"Saint Atique" <unix9n(a)gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
dd0a03de-ff95-4133-a43d-06bc76fae9e6(a)g27g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
>I want to kill the parent window after its task is done and create a
> child window to proceed the next tasks. How can close the parent
> Window or deactivate it so that program doesn't quit!

Don't call PostQuitMessage() when you destroy it or simply hide it
(ShowWindow())

From: Saint Atique on
When I press the focus from one child windows doesn't move to the
next. What's the fix? I have used WS_TABSTOP.
From: Richard Russell on
On Nov 21, 9:12 am, Saint Atique <uni...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> When I press the focus from one child windows doesn't move to the
> next. What's the fix? I have used WS_TABSTOP.

Navigation using the Tab key requires that you call IsDialogMessage()
in your message pump (message loop). Despite its name, you can call
it for any window that contains child controls. See:

Richard.
http://www.rtrussell.co.uk/
To reply by email change 'news' to my forename.
From: Saint Atique on
Thanks very much. It works.