From: Phoenix on
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 23:16:09 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
> It's a total joke at this point. They really should just turn off
the
> search function and have someone write a web form that takes user
input
> that simply adds (without the quotes) "site: cakewalk.com" and
submit it to
> Google. There's yer frickin' "powerful search function" for web
forums!

Since they're not gonna do that, I suggest Googlebar lite for
Firefox; it doesn't install extra processes like the full Google
toolbar but AFAICT you get the same features, including Site Search
button.
From: Phoenix on
On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 00:35:50 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
> In news:almarsoft.1930264151156978345(a)news.albasani.net the killer
robot
> Phoenix <fake(a)fakeemail.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship

> cakewalk.coffeehouse and pressed these buttons...

> >> It's a total joke at this point. They really should just turn
off
> > the
> >> search function and have someone write a web form that takes
user
> > input
> >> that simply adds (without the quotes) "site: cakewalk.com" and
> > submit it to
> >> Google. There's yer frickin' "powerful search function" for web
> > forums!
> >
> > Since they're not gonna do that, I suggest Googlebar lite for
> > Firefox; it doesn't install extra processes like the full Google
> > toolbar but AFAICT you get the same features, including Site
> > button.

> It doesn't both me to just use the native search box in Firefox and
just
> append the search with site: domain.com

> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> ________ __
> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
> / /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
> \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/

> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> Hear My Music
http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

I install Googlebar lite as a matter of course. It gives me the 'find
search term on page' function that Google toolbar has, without the
Google toolbar updater.
From: Sue Morton on
You don't have to run the sniffer for very long to find that out :-)

I'm with G'Bo, none of that cr*p on my boxes either.
--
Sue Morton

From: Phoenix on
Home Ec wasn't so cool when I wuz in skool!

From: "Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" on
Glennbo wrote:
> In news:almarsoft.8076682815576878917(a)news.albasani.net the killer robot
> Phoenix <fake(a)fakeemail.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>>> I remember them touting the "powerful search feature" when the web
>>> forum first opened. I knew before I ever used it that it was a POS toy.
>> And it's 10x worse now. Used to be able to find fairly recent posts
>> at some point, not now.
>
> It's a total joke at this point. They really should just turn off the
> search function and have someone write a web form that takes user input
> that simply adds (without the quotes) "site: cakewalk.com" and submit it to
> Google. There's yer frickin' "powerful search function" for web forums!

Theres no need to search. Just email CJ. He'll give you a quick answer. ;)

--
Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette

http://www.gatortraks.com/forum
http://www.gatortraks.com