From: Phoenix on
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 01:25:39 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
> I got a request today from a 5th grade teacher in Clearfield, PA
asking
> if it would be ok to use a segment of my song "Kitchen Splitters"
for a
> video they are producing in their home economics class. I gave her
> permission, so our "booted from the kitchen" theme song is going to
get
> some airplay at a school!!! ;)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=69
4812

> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> ________ __
> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
> / /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
> \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/

> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> Hear My Music
http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

We may not be official, but we're educational!
From: Zelix on
On Jun 6, 9:25 pm, Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYour...(a)cox.net> wrote:
> I got a request today from a 5th grade teacher in Clearfield, PA asking
> if it would be ok to use a segment of my song "Kitchen Splitters" for a
> video they are producing in their home economics class.  I gave her
> permission, so our "booted from the kitchen" theme song is going to get
> some airplay at a school!!!  ;)
>
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=....
>
> --

Being a noobie here... I guess I missed something in the "history"
here. What is the kitchen?
From: Phoenix on
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 13:43:52 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
> The killer robot Zelix <zelichan2008.1(a)gmail.com> grabbed the
controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> I got a request today from a 5th grade teacher in Clearfield, PA
> >> asking if it would be ok to use a segment of my song "Kitchen
> >> Splitters" for a video they are producing in their home economics
> >> class. �I gave her permission, so our "booted from the kitchen"
theme
> >> song is going to get some airplay at a school!!! �;)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=69
4812

> > Being a noobie here... I guess I missed something in the "history"
> > here. What is the kitchen?

> Six years ago when Cakewalk gave us all a *one* week notice that
they
> were closing their nntp newsgroups and Ron Kuper told us that it
was
> like we at a party at their house in the kitchen, and that we needed
> to get out of his kitchen coz the party was moving to the web.

> We not only took offense to their week notice that the best tech
> group on the planet was being scrapped for a shiny web thing, but
> me and a few others found these groups that had propegated
throughout
> useNET due to a mis-configured server at Cake. Now these groups
live
> on, even though Cake tried to kill them repeatedly, and my song
> "Kitchen Splitters" was written in the week that I helped move the
> bulk of the folks who didn't want to go to a web forum, to here.

> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> ________ __
> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
> / /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
> \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/

> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> Hear My Music
http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

....and the web forum has gone downhill ever since. The search engine
stinks and all too often attitude rules. Long live "the groop that
wouldn't die"!
The Microsoft NGs are going through the same thing right now,
particularly the 64bit group, although this time it was known that
the Microsoft nntp hierarchy had escaped into the wild. I wonder if
MS will feel compelled to post disclaimers?
From: Phoenix on
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 17:11:42 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
> I remember them touting the "powerful search feature" when the web
forum
> first opened. I knew before I ever used it that it was a POS toy.

And it's 10x worse now. Used to be able to find fairly recent posts
at some point, not now.
From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message

> I got a request today from a 5th grade teacher in Clearfield, PA asking
> if it would be ok to use a segment of my song "Kitchen Splitters" for a
> video they are producing in their home economics class. I gave her
> permission, so our "booted from the kitchen" theme song is going to get
> some airplay at a school!!! ;)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=694812

That's real cool...to go along with a great story on the kitchen btw.

How'd they hear about your song in the first place?

Poly