From: Benjamin Goldman on
Glennbo wrote:

> I got a request today from a 5th grade teacher in Clearfield, PA
> asking if it would be ok to use a segment of my song "Kitchen
> Splitters" for a video they are producing in their home economics
> class. I gave her permission, so our "booted from the kitchen" theme
> song is going to get some airplay at a school!!! ;)
>
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=6
> 94812

Good for you! <ggg>

Many years ago I had a school band teacher ask if she could arrange and
orchestrate one of my compositions. My ego at that time in life
wouldn't allow for anybody elses fingers touching my "stuff." I missed
out on an opportunity that never came again!!!

Again Glennbo, major kudos!

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Benjamin Goldman on
Glennbo wrote:

> The killer robot Zelix <zelichan2008.1(a)gmail.com> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> >> I got a request today from a 5th grade teacher in Clearfield, PA
> >> asking if it would be ok to use a segment of my song "Kitchen
> >> Splitters" for a video they are producing in their home economics
> >> class. I gave her permission, so our "booted from the kitchen"
> theme >> song is going to get some airplay at a school!!! ;)
> > >

> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=6
> 94812
>

> > Being a noobie here... I guess I missed something in the "history"
> > here. What is the kitchen?
>
> Six years ago when Cakewalk gave us all a one week notice that they
> were closing their nntp newsgroups and Ron Kuper told us that it was
> like we at a party at their house in the kitchen, and that we needed
> to get out of his kitchen coz the party was moving to the web.
>
> We not only took offense to their week notice that the best tech
> group on the planet was being scrapped for a shiny web thing, but
> me and a few others found these groups that had propegated throughout
> useNET due to a mis-configured server at Cake. Now these groups live
> on, even though Cake tried to kill them repeatedly, and my song
> "Kitchen Splitters" was written in the week that I helped move the
> bulk of the folks who didn't want to go to a web forum, to here.

Sedition! :-P

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Benjamin Goldman on
Phoenix wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 13:43:52 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
> <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote: >The killer robot Zelix
> <zelichan2008.1(a)gmail.com> grabbed the controls
> > of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> theme
> > > >

> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=5672&songID=6
> 9 4812
>

> >> Being a noobie here... I guess I missed something in the "history"
> >> here. What is the kitchen?
>

> > Six years ago when Cakewalk gave us all a one week notice that
> they
> > were closing their nntp newsgroups and Ron Kuper told us that it
> was
> > like we at a party at their house in the kitchen, and that we needed
> > to get out of his kitchen coz the party was moving to the web.
>

> > We not only took offense to their week notice that the best tech
> > group on the planet was being scrapped for a shiny web thing, but
> > me and a few others found these groups that had propegated
> throughout
> > useNET due to a mis-configured server at Cake. Now these groups
> live
> > on, even though Cake tried to kill them repeatedly, and my song
> > "Kitchen Splitters" was written in the week that I helped move the
> > bulk of the folks who didn't want to go to a web forum, to here.
>

> > -- Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> > ________ __ / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_
> > ____ / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \ / /_/ / / __/ / / / /
> > / / /_/ / /_/ / \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/
> > Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> > Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> > Hear My Music
> http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms
>
> ...and the web forum has gone downhill ever since. The search engine
> stinks and all too often attitude rules. Long live "the groop that
> wouldn't die"! The Microsoft NGs are going through the same thing
> right now, particularly the 64bit group, although this time it was
> known that the Microsoft nntp hierarchy had escaped into the wild. I
> wonder if MS will feel compelled to post disclaimers?

Microsoft's onMSN division went downhill shortly after they went from
closed HTTP planets into the NNTP universe. They axpected something
for nothing from their staff for far too long.

IOW, this is another screwup happening.

--
Cheers,
Ben

"Will it go round in a circle...?" - The Fifth Beatle
From: Benjamin Goldman on
Glennbo wrote:

> In news:almarsoft.5642265829204999119(a)news.albasani.net the killer
> robot Phoenix <fake(a)fakeemail.com> grabbed the controls of the
> spaceship cakewalk.coffeehouse and pressed these buttons...
>
> > I install Googlebar lite as a matter of course. It gives me the
> > 'find search term on page' function that Google toolbar has,
> > without the Google toolbar updater.
>
> I don't like any search bar that integrates into a browser. I figger
> there's no telling what stuff beyond things I type in their box are
> being transmitted back to home base. Unless you run a packet sniffer
> all the time to see exactly what's being sent to who, it's impossible
> to tell what's going on behind the scenes in your browser.

Somebody's paranoid. I mean carefull. :-P

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Benjamin Goldman on
Sue Morton wrote:

> You don't have to run the sniffer for very long to find that out :-)
>
> I'm with G'Bo, none of that cr*p on my boxes either.

I take the Firefox defaults and add IMDB to the search drop-down.

--
Cheers,
Ben