From: Chris Cox on
central wrote:
> I guess I'm missing something obvious here but...
> Under 11.0 and compiz, I could rotate my desktop cube either by dragging
> a window or using ctl-alt-left_click to drag the cube around. All I can
> find in Kwin config is the screen edges piece, which is either 'only when
> moving windows' or 'always enabled', which I've already established will
> drive me nuts. Anyone know if there is an equivalent setting somewhere
> for the click and drag?

I don't think so. KDE4 is pretty... well... you know....

You can always disable the pathetic attempt at composite in KDE and go
back to using compiz. Then you can do a thousand more useful things like
running NX/rdp sessions on each face and still spin the cube (something I doubt
you'll ever be able to do with KDE4).
From: Vahis on
On 2009-12-30, Chris Cox <chrisncoxn(a)endlessnow.com> wrote:
> central wrote:
>> I guess I'm missing something obvious here but...
>> Under 11.0 and compiz, I could rotate my desktop cube either by dragging
>> a window or using ctl-alt-left_click to drag the cube around. All I can
>> find in Kwin config is the screen edges piece, which is either 'only when
>> moving windows' or 'always enabled', which I've already established will
>> drive me nuts. Anyone know if there is an equivalent setting somewhere
>> for the click and drag?
>
> I don't think so. KDE4 is pretty... well... you know....
>
> You can always disable the pathetic attempt at composite in KDE and go
> back to using compiz. Then you can do a thousand more useful things like
> running NX/rdp sessions on each face and still spin the cube (something I doubt
> you'll ever be able to do with KDE4).

I do just that (NX) and spin the cube the way I want in EeePC 900.
It has six faces and it spins both x and y axels.

Default installation of 11.2/KDE.

Vahis
--
"Sunrise 9:28am (EET), sunset 3:17pm (EET) at Espoo, FI (5:49 hours daylight)"
http://waxborg.servepics.com
From: David Bolt on
On Wednesday 30 Dec 2009 19:39, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
Vahis painted this mural:

> I do just that (NX) and spin the cube the way I want in EeePC 900.
> It has six faces and it spins both x and y axels.

I can't use a cube, because it won't let me have an 18-faced object
other than a wheel, but I can spin it around both the x and y axis. It
still lets me see the various VNC and NX sessions while spinning.

> Default installation of 11.2/KDE.

I'm using KDE4.3.4 from the KDE4.3 repo. Don't think there's all that
much difference between the default KDE4.3.1 and KDE4.3.4.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net OGR-NG @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~1Mkeys/s
openSUSE 11.0 32b | | openSUSE 11.2 32b |
From: Death on
central wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 20:33:49 +0000, David Bolt wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 30 Dec 2009 19:39, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
>> Vahis painted this mural:
>>
>>> I do just that (NX) and spin the cube the way I want in EeePC 900. It
>>> has six faces and it spins both x and y axels.
>>
>> I can't use a cube, because it won't let me have an 18-faced object
>> other than a wheel, but I can spin it around both the x and y axis. It
>> still lets me see the various VNC and NX sessions while spinning.
>>
>>> Default installation of 11.2/KDE.
>>
>> I'm using KDE4.3.4 from the KDE4.3 repo. Don't think there's all that
>> much difference between the default KDE4.3.1 and KDE4.3.4.
>>

>> Regards,
>> David Bolt
>
> So, if I opt to go back to compiz (which has worked fine for me since
> 10.something) whats the recommendations on versions of that and KDE to
> match together? Standard releases, or beta stuff?

If you want to spin the cube with just Kwin, its Ctrl-F10, I believe.
Otherwise to use the mouse, you need compiz.
I'm not in Suse right now, but the one-click install works on 11.2KDE.
http://en.opensuse.org/Compiz-Fusion

--

Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur,
Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur.
From: Death on
Death wrote:

> central wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 20:33:49 +0000, David Bolt wrote:
>>
>>> On Wednesday 30 Dec 2009 19:39, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
>>> Vahis painted this mural:

>>> I can't use a cube, because it won't let me have an 18-faced object
>>> other than a wheel, but I can spin it around both the x and y axis. It
>>> still lets me see the various VNC and NX sessions while spinning.

>>> I'm using KDE4.3.4 from the KDE4.3 repo. Don't think there's all that
>>> much difference between the default KDE4.3.1 and KDE4.3.4.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> David Bolt
>>
>> So, if I opt to go back to compiz (which has worked fine for me since
>> 10.something) whats the recommendations on versions of that and KDE to
>> match together? Standard releases, or beta stuff?
>
> If you want to spin the cube with just Kwin, its Ctrl-F10, I believe.
> Otherwise to use the mouse, you need compiz.
> I'm not in Suse right now, but the one-click install works on 11.2KDE.
> http://en.opensuse.org/Compiz-Fusion

Ctrl -F11 ... sorry if I messed you up.