From: OceanRider on
I remember my screen would change brightness depending on if it was plugged
in or not. I don't know when this stopped working but recently I decided to
try to figure this out.

When I go to Tablet and Pen Settings, Display, the Screen Brightness portion
is greyed out.

This wasn't always like this.

I am running XP SP2. I have done a Windows update so everything seems to be
up to date for that.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you
From: Josh Einstein on
This typically happens if you upgrade to video drivers from Intel or whoever
makes your graphics chipset instead of HP's. I don't know much about
hardware or driver development but this brightness feature appears to be
very fragile and tightly coupled to the specific driver version that came
with the tablet. Can you revert to it?

--
Josh Einstein (Tablet PC MVP)
Einstein Technologies

From: OceanRider on
Hi Josh,

Thanks for the advice. I tried to install the drivers from the manufacturer
and it didn't make any difference.

Thanks anyway.

From: JKCTAX on
I am having the same problem all of a sudden. What si the best method to
uninstall? I trued system restore but that is not working.

From: Josh Einstein on
You could try "Roll back driver" in the device manager.