From: Raj on
string myname="Raj";
int myage=35;

Both the variables are made of collections characters.
Which one is the ideal candidate for LINQ query-able object?
How to check whether a particular object is LINQ query-able at runtime? Does
it need to implement any interface implicitly or explicitly??

Thank you

Regards
Raj
From: Harlan Messinger on
Raj wrote:
> string myname="Raj";
> int myage=35;
>
> Both the variables are made of collections characters.

The second one isn't. The 35 is how it's represented in the code and
displayed, but in memory there is no 3 and no 5, there's just the
integer 35.

> Which one is the ideal candidate for LINQ query-able object?
> How to check whether a particular object is LINQ query-able at runtime? Does
> it need to implement any interface implicitly or explicitly??

IEnumerable<T>. I think any basic instruction on LINQ will talk about this.
From: Mr. Arnold on
Raj wrote:
> string myname="Raj";
> int myage=35;
>
> Both the variables are made of collections characters.
> Which one is the ideal candidate for LINQ query-able object?
> How to check whether a particular object is LINQ query-able at runtime? Does
> it need to implement any interface implicitly or explicitly??

Anything implementing IList, IQueryable and IEnumerable are interfaces
that can be queried by Linq-2-Object.
From: Raj on
Thanks indeed

Regards