From: MC on
I tried a demo of LIttle Snitch and pretty much immediately I
experienced Much Weirdness. Uninstalled, ran all kinds of utilities and
seem to have got back to normal.

Anyone else?

Intel MacBook on OS 10.6.2

--

"If you can, tell me something happy."
- Marybones
From: Richard Maine on
MC <copespaz(a)mapca.inter.net> wrote:

> I tried a demo of LIttle Snitch and pretty much immediately I
> experienced Much Weirdness. Uninstalled, ran all kinds of utilities and
> seem to have got back to normal.
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Intel MacBook on OS 10.6.2

I use Little Snitch all the time. It's one of the first things I install
on a system. No problems observed. "Much Wierdness" is a bit unspecific.
It is running right now on the iMac 27" OS 10.6.2 system I'm typing this
on, and has been since the day I got the system in late October. No
wierdness observed.

Do make sure that you have the current version. I seem to recall that an
update for 10.6-compatibility was needed. If you recently got a version
directly from the vendor, that shouldn't be a problem.

domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain
From: Andy Hewitt on
MC <copespaz(a)mapca.inter.net> wrote:

> I tried a demo of LIttle Snitch and pretty much immediately I
> experienced Much Weirdness. Uninstalled, ran all kinds of utilities and
> seem to have got back to normal.
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Intel MacBook on OS 10.6.2

Yes, I have done for quite a while now too. I think it's one of those
apps that YMMV applies to very much, some find it superb, while others
find it somewhat unstable (me included).

--
Andy Hewitt
<http://web.me.com/andrewhewitt1/>
From: Nick Naym on
In article copespaz-C67B9B.17230508122009(a)news.eternal-september.org, MC at
copespaz(a)mapca.inter.net wrote on 12/8/09 5:23 PM:

> I tried a demo of LIttle Snitch and pretty much immediately I
> experienced Much Weirdness. Uninstalled, ran all kinds of utilities and
> seem to have got back to normal.
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Intel MacBook on OS 10.6.2

I'm using v.2.1.4, and it's great. I previously tried an earlier version a
few Leopard updates ago (don't recall which version nor which update), and
it was a nightmare. I haven't tried 2.2 -- I don't see the immediate need
and, quite frankly, given my past experience, I figure "if it ain't broken,
don't fix it." ;)

--
iMac (24", 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320 GB HDD) � OS X (10.5.8)

From: Lao Ming on
On Dec 8, 2:23 pm, MC <copes...(a)mapca.inter.net> wrote:
> I tried a demo of LIttle Snitch and pretty much immediately I
> experienced Much Weirdness. Uninstalled, ran all kinds of utilities and
> seem to have got back to normal.
>
> Anyone else?
>
> Intel MacBook on OS 10.6.2
>
> --
>
> "If you can, tell me something happy."
> - Marybones

I dumped it less than five minutes after first trying it and never
smoked it again.