From: royallexer on
Hello all,

I am having and issue with Authorware and the SumTotal LMS 7.6. The LMS
initializes when launching a course but the main issue is that if you close out
of the HTML SCORM Lauunch page any time during the online course it brings up a
prompt telling me that I have completed the course and to click ok to close the
window. So all a user has to do is close out of the HTML launch file and it
gives them a complete. I am using the LMS KO's to initialize and send data. I
am also using the LMS KO HTML template. I tried downloading an example using
the LMS KO professional edition to see if they made a difference and it was the
same result.

I tried a test course that I received from Jonathan Graf. He uses custom calls
within his authorware piece to intialize and send data to the LMS. His course
worked fine. I closed out of the html page and it marked it "incomplete".

Does anyone know what could be causing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc Brown

From: Erik L. **Community Expert** on
Does your lesson have an 'ExitIcon' set?
By 'HTML SCORM Launch page', you mean the browser window that contains
the web-packaged Authorware content?

So when you close that window, SumTotal is somehow getting a 'completed'
status from your lesson. Whereas if you do the same thing with the
lesson John provided, SumTotal is getting an 'incomplete' status.
Right?

My first thought was the LMS was seeing your lesson window was gone so
'assumed' it was completed. However, if John's sample does not have the
same result, then I'd have to think your lesson is somehow sending the
completed status...which, by closing the parent browser window, would
seem only be possible if you have an 'ExitIcon' setup that is setting
that status between the time the browser is closed and the lesson
actually 'quits'.
Erik

--
Erik Lord
http://www.capemedia.net
From: royallexer on
yes, there is an exit icon set on the last page within the Exit Button of the
course that sets the course to complete. However, to get a completion status,
you would have to click on that button on the last page.

You can be on any page within the course and click on the HTML page (yes the
page that contained the authorware piece but it is not in the same window b/c I
set the coure to launch "onTop") and it will mark it as complete.

We were previously using the Pathlore LMS and everything worked flawlessly.

Should I tweak the script within the exit icon or not use the exit icon at all?

From: Erik L. **Community Expert** on
IMO, it's certainly worth playing with to see if that's the issue.
Maybe just comment-out the ExitIcon setting so that icon is not hit if
the piece is closed due to the browser window being closed...and see if
that solves the problem.
Perhaps the last-minute navigation to that icon is somehow also passing
the calc that sets the completion status?

OTOH, not sure why it would work fine in another LMS...
Erik

From: Amy Blankenship on

"Erik L. **Community Expert**" <erik(a)pasdespam.capemedia.net> wrote in
message news:ft5je4$dim$1(a)forums.macromedia.com...
> IMO, it's certainly worth playing with to see if that's the issue.
> Maybe just comment-out the ExitIcon setting so that icon is not hit if the
> piece is closed due to the browser window being closed...and see if that
> solves the problem.
> Perhaps the last-minute navigation to that icon is somehow also passing
> the calc that sets the completion status?
>
> OTOH, not sure why it would work fine in another LMS...
> Erik

Only the professional version of the LMS KO's use the ExitIcon option.
Maybe switching to the free ones would work.