From: Anonymous on
hello,

To use LVM_SETVIEW, user must provide a manifest specifying Comclt32.dll
version 6.0. Info can be found at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwxp/html/xptheming.asp

for a app that "Does Not Use Third Party Extensions" (i guess my case)

1. Link to ComCtl32.lib and call InitCommonControls. (did that - #include
"commctrl.h" also)
2. Add a file called YourApp.exe.manifest to your source tree that has
the XML manifest format. (did that - near .sln,)

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
<assemblyIdentity
version="1.0.0.0"
processorArchitecture="X86"
name="CompanyName.ProductName.YourApp"
type="win32"
/>
<description>Your application description here.</description>
<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity
type="win32"
name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
version="6.0.0.0"
processorArchitecture="X86"
publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
language="*"
/>
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>
</assembly>

3. Add the manifest to your application's resource file as follows:
CREATEPROCESS_MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID RT_MANIFEST "YourApp.exe.manifest"
(did that. i have write-it in .rc)

but i still receive the message "error C2065: 'LV_VIEW_DETAILS' :
undeclared identifier"
If anyone can help ...

thanks in advance

From: Igor Tandetnik on
ovi wrote:
> To use LVM_SETVIEW, user must provide a manifest specifying
> Comclt32.dll version 6.0.
>
> but i still receive the message "error C2065: 'LV_VIEW_DETAILS' :
> undeclared identifier"

The compiler error has nothing to do with the presence or absence of a
manifest. The compiler does not know anything about them - the OS does.

Make sure the macro _WIN32_WINNT is set to 0x501 or higher. This
indicates that you are happy about the fact your application will only
run on WinXP and above. The definition of LV_VIEW_DETAILS is surrounded
in the header by

#if (_WIN32_WINNT >= 0x501)
#endif

--
With best wishes,
Igor Tandetnik

necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
overhead. -- RFC 1925

From: Anonymous on
thanks Igor,
now is working fine ...

but after the stuff with the manifest I have another problem: On "release",
the program is compiled fine, but at exec i receive "The app has failed to
start because the app configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the app may
fix this problem." The "debug" version runs fine...
Is this because of a misconfigured option in manifest ?

From: Igor Tandetnik on
ovi wrote:
> but after the stuff with the manifest I have another problem: On
> "release", the program is compiled fine, but at exec i receive "The
> app has failed to start because the app configuration is incorrect.
> Reinstalling the app may fix this problem." The "debug" version runs
> fine... Is this because of a misconfigured option in manifest ?

Most likely. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about manifests to
troubleshoot the problem. Hopefully someone more knowlegeable will chime
in soon.

From: Abdo Haji-Ali on
You need to set the correct parameters in the XML manifest file (Program
name, company etc...) You can get those from the "version table"...

--
Abdo Haji-Ali
Programmer