From: Kyle W on
Hi Everyone,

I used LabVIEW/ DAQ for my final year project at college and had really
begun to enjoy using it's potential for other classes and problems. The
problem is though that since I finsihed college I had no real
oppurtunity to use LabVIEW. I've tried thinking of different projects I
could use it for around the house but came up blank.

I was wondering if anyone had a site that listed out sample projects
that could be approached at from a home environment. I'm thinking of
buying a USB - 6009 DAQ card so anything that applies to this would
also be a great help.

Anywhere I looked was for big projects in industrial applications. I
would appreciate any help or even possible suggestions from any other
users.

Thanks,
Kyle
From: JoeLabView on
Hi Kyle,

Have you considered lighting controls?
For more fun activities, creating a LabView-based mp3 jukbox.

You could even create an elaborate home-security system.

Let your imagination guide the way.  And yes.  Labview IS FUN!  :D

JLV

From: xseadog on
Hi Kyle

get ya feet wet:smileyhappy:
 try the labview code challenges:
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=122363&requireLogin=False

also LAVA have a challenge
http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?showtopic=1752

nothing ventured nothing gained:smileywink:

chow
xseadog
From: Geek101 on
You could also build a remote control system (automated or manual) for a riding lawnmower.
Or replace the thermostat for a AC/Heating system in a house.