From: inkah on
After clicking a link to another location within the
same document, such as an appendix, is there a quick way to go "back" to
where I was - similar to using "back" when navigating a web page?

From: Pesach Shelnitz on
Hi,

Press Shift+F5.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

From: Jay Freedman on
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 04:43:05 -0800, inkah
<inkah(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>After clicking a link to another location within the
>same document, such as an appendix, is there a quick way to go "back" to
>where I was - similar to using "back" when navigating a web page?

The keyboard shortcut is Alt+left arrow, the same as in most browsers.

You can add a button to a toolbar. In Word 2003 or earlier, the button
is already on the Web toolbar, or you can use the Tools > Customize
dialog to add the WebGoBack command to any other toolbar.

In Word 2007, go to Office button > Word Options > Customize, select
the All Commands category, and add the Back command to the Quick
Access Toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
From: Lene Fredborg on
Alt+Left Arrow should work – is by default assigned to the WebGoBack command
which is also found in Word (and the shortcut also works in browsers).
Correspondingly, you can use Alt+Right Arrow (WebGoForward) to go in the
opposite direction.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

From: Pesach Shelnitz on
Sorry, Jay and Lene are correct. Shift+F5 would take you back only if you
made a change at the hyperlink.

Pesach