From: Karl E. Peterson on
nntp(a)microsoft.com wrote:
> Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
> Effective July 1, 2010, this newsgroup will be closed.

In those immortal words, "F'em!"

See y'all on usenet?

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: VanguardLH on
Karl E. Peterson wrote:

> nntp(a)microsoft.com wrote:
>> Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
>> Effective July 1, 2010, this newsgroup will be closed.
>
> In those immortal words, "F'em!"
>
> See y'all on usenet?

You'll have to use a different NNTP server. Microsoft is going to
terminate their 4-year Usenet experiment by eventually dropping their
NNTP server. Albasani and Eternal-September are a couple of good free
NSPs (newsgroup service providers).
From: Karl E. Peterson on
VanguardLH wrote:
> Karl E. Peterson wrote:
>> nntp(a)microsoft.com wrote:
>>> Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
>>> Effective July 1, 2010, this newsgroup will be closed.
>>
>> In those immortal words, "F'em!"
>>
>> See y'all on usenet?
>
> You'll have to use a different NNTP server. Microsoft is going to
> terminate their 4-year Usenet experiment by eventually dropping their
> NNTP server. Albasani and Eternal-September are a couple of good free
> NSPs (newsgroup service providers).

Yep, I actually pointed to E-S in the sig of my "Last Post".

Most of the Classic VB community has moved on over there, and life goes
on as usual. Only difference is much snappier performance. Go figure.
<g>

From: Non scrivetemi on
In article <uNIw9ZHGLHA.5448(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>
Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:

> nntp(a)microsoft.com wrote:
> > Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
> > Effective July 1, 2010, this newsgroup will be closed.
>
> In those immortal words, "F'em!"
>
> See y'all on usenet?

F'em is right!

From: moosensquirrel on
Ballmer?

"dr del" <da011c0688_3DIESPAMDIE(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:uoGkNLSGLHA.5160(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

and their pet monkey ;-P

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: 64 bit issue
Next: Forcing Virtual CP to use CD-Drive