From: Martin on
I have just submitted code for an LDAP MembershipProvider and RoleProvider to my open source project nJupiter. You can find the code here http://code.google.com/p/njupiter/

I have tested the component with Microsoft Active Directory, Novell eDirectory and IBM Lotus Domino / IBM Tivoli Directory Server but it will probably also work with other LDAP servers as well.

Compiled binaries will be released in a very near future.

Alberto Poblacion wrote:

There is one at SourceForge.
31-Mar-10

There is one at SourceForge. I have never tried it out, so I cannot tell
you whether it is any good. http://sourceforge.net/projects/dotnetldap/

On Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:39 PM
Peter K wrote:

LDAP / MembershipProvider
Hi

one of our clients has a CMS which uses an in-built "MembershipProvider"
based on an sql-server database.

They would instead like to use their LDAP system for user management (users,
roles and so on) in the CMS. This is possible, as the CMS can be configured
to use any compatible "MembershipProvider" - I just have to write a class
that inherits from System.Web.Security.MembershipProvider.

Does anyone know if there are any "LDAP Membership Provider" libraries
already available - preferably written in c#, and preferably compatible with
Novell LDAP (I think there are differences between various LDAP
implementations?).

If not, what are good references on developing a MembershipProvider class
for LDAP? It appears that MembershipProvider requires about 30 properties
and methods to be implemented - is that correct? It seems rather a lot...

So far I have been reading through Microsoft's information, such as:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f1kyba5e(VS.80).aspx

Any pointers would be gratefully received. (LDAP is relatively new to me, as
is MembershipProvider).

Thanks,
Peter

On Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:00 AM
Alberto Poblacion wrote:

There is one at SourceForge.
There is one at SourceForge. I have never tried it out, so I cannot tell
you whether it is any good. http://sourceforge.net/projects/dotnetldap/

Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e41-3846-4db9-8e1b-f54c56a64ed9/get-silverlight-4-install.aspx