From: Fred on
Folks have recommended various sites to replace this (Access) newsgroup for
when poor-listener Microsoft drops it.

Why don't we pick a replacement to give it the "critical mass" to fully
replace this one? If interested, please respond to this with your
recommendation.

Also, if you feel like it, in case this goes dead, send me an email with
your email address at North9000 at gmail dot com and I'll try to
collect / send out the news/results. (via blind cc)

I did / will be duplicating this in database design, general and new user
Access groups.

From: Access Developer on
Responded to this request in "microsoft.public.access". Had you posted via
newsreader-newsserver instead of the Microsoft online UI, you could have
cross-posted instead of multi-posting, so all the responses would be
proliferated to all the cross-posted newsgroups.

--
Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley

From: Albert S. on
Yeah, I think MS is not taking into account all the people like me that just
read and learn and don't necessarily post a lot of questions...

I vote for comp.database.access or http://www.utteraccess.com/

Haven't used the utteraccess yet, but signed up and have started reading
some of the posts...
--
Albert S.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 20:03:55 +0200, Steve Hayes <hayesstw(a)telkomsa.net> wrote:

>Will the replacement one connect to Microsoft?

THIS one won't, that's for certain.

The Microsoft forums will be run on Microsoft's own hardware, so yes; they
won't propagate to USENET however.

>If not, why not continue with this one, which already has critical mass?

People coming from the Microsoft "get online help" buttons in the programs
will not know about these newsgroups, and will not have any way from within
Microsoft's software to get to them, so these newsgroups will probably dwindle
to a small subset of sophisticated, experienced users, contending for
bandwidth with spammers and trolls. The bulk of the "new questions" will, I
fear, go elsewhere.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: David W. Fenton on
=?Utf-8?B?QWxiZXJ0IFMu?= <albert_s(a)albert.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I vote for comp.database.access or http://www.utteraccess.com/
>
> Haven't used the utteraccess yet, but signed up and have started
> reading some of the posts...

Utteraccess is a private site and if you violate the arbitrary rules
of the admins there, you can be banned (as I was, for saying that
somebody's answer was bloody stupid and then explaining why; you
can't find that answer there now, because they deleted it after they
banned me for not apologizing!).

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Ribbon
Next: Store info for reports from switchboard