From: Noob on

Right. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/MAFIAA

> The merger was announced on April First, 2006. The date and
> the acronym suggest some amount of spoofery ...

One might call it a caricature ;-)

> And DVB must be either the Democratic Voice of Burma or
> something to do with Victoria Beckham, aka Posh Spice.

Sorry for the acronym soup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Video_Broadcasting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional_access
From: Noob on
Chris M. Thomasson wrote:

> Man! This sucks!! Anyway, I believe you could meet all the requirements,
> however, it's not going to be pretty. Here is what I hacked together for
> you so far:
>
> http://cpt.pastebin.com/f540aaef5

Thanks Chris, I'll take a hard look at it.

Please note that, although I was discussing this topic in light of a
POSIX OS, the proprietary OS I'm using (ST OS21) does not conform to
POSIX, AFAIK.
From: Rainer Weikusat on
"Chris M. Thomasson" <no(a)spam.invalid> writes:

[...]

> This is crowbar proof except for the case when a thread unlocks a mutex that
> it did not previously locked.

The behaviour of such an operation is either undefined ('normal' and
'default' mutexes) or it is an error ('errorcheck' and 'rescursive'
mutexes).
From: Måns Rullgård on
Noob <root(a)127.0.0.1> writes:

> Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
>
>> Man! This sucks!! Anyway, I believe you could meet all the requirements,
>> however, it's not going to be pretty. Here is what I hacked together for
>> you so far:
>>
>> http://cpt.pastebin.com/f540aaef5
>
> Thanks Chris, I'll take a hard look at it.
>
> Please note that, although I was discussing this topic in light of a
> POSIX OS, the proprietary OS I'm using (ST OS21) does not conform to
> POSIX, AFAIK.

I truly feel sorry you. The sensible thing to do in your situation is
to walk away and find something proper to work on.

--
M�ns Rullg�rd
mans(a)mansr.com
From: Noob on
M�ns Rullg�rd wrote:

> Noob wrote:
>
>> Please note that, although I was discussing this topic in light of a
>> POSIX OS, the proprietary OS I'm using (ST OS21) does not conform to
>> POSIX, AFAIK.
>
> I truly feel sorry you.

Because I have to work with ST's platform? :-)

You have some experience with their platforms, don't you?

> The sensible thing to do in your situation is
> to walk away and find something proper to work on.

You think I should change jobs? :-)

Would you believe me if I told you ST refuses to provide any support
whatsoever because they consider we are too low volume?

Sigh^2