From: JC on
Hello,

I have downloaded and installed Net Express Personal Edition on Windows
Vista. But whenever I try to start the application, it says "License
Management Service is not running". And then stops. I don't have
license number or Work Order no. So How do I start that service? Please
help me.

Thanks,

From: Alistair on
On Dec 11, 9:55 pm, JC <c.joyd...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have downloaded and installed Net Express Personal Edition on Windows
> Vista. But whenever I try to start the application, it says "License
> Management Service is not running". And then stops. I don't have
> license number or Work Order no. So How do I start that service? Please
> help me.
>
> Thanks,

If I recall correctly, you have to be online and go to the MF web site
From: Joydeep Chakrabarty on

"Alistair" <alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Dec 11, 9:55 pm, JC <c.joyd...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have downloaded and installed Net Express Personal Edition on Windows
>> Vista. But whenever I try to start the application, it says "License
>> Management Service is not running". And then stops. I don't have
>> license number or Work Order no. So How do I start that service? Please
>> help me.
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> If I recall correctly, you have to be online and go to the MF web site

I visit that website and their support and help forum regularly. But nowhere
did I find any kind of help. I don't know when I'd be able to start the
application.

From: me on
Article 1594 from the MF Knowledgebase - try their Resolution.

Unable to connect to License Manager
This article explains what to do if the message "Unable to connect to
License Manager" occurs.

Problem:
When running APPTRACK we encountered the error "Unable to connect to License
Manager". Does this type of error only occur in the Windows runtime product
server for COBOL version 5.0 WrapPack 5 onwards?

Resolution:
License Manager runs as a Windows Service. First, check that the Micro Focus
License Manager has been started. Run the services menu (services.msc) or
access it via the control panel. Search for Micro Focus License Manager. If
it is present, hit the Start option. If not present, from a DOS prompt,
enter the command mflmwin -i which will install the service and should also
start it. If it doesn't start automatically, then start it using the
Services menu.

From: JC on
me submitted this idea :
> Article 1594 from the MF Knowledgebase - try their Resolution.
>
> Unable to connect to License Manager
> This article explains what to do if the message "Unable to connect to License
> Manager" occurs.
>
> Problem:
> When running APPTRACK we encountered the error "Unable to connect to License
> Manager". Does this type of error only occur in the Windows runtime product
> server for COBOL version 5.0 WrapPack 5 onwards?
>
> Resolution:
> License Manager runs as a Windows Service. First, check that the Micro Focus
> License Manager has been started. Run the services menu (services.msc) or
> access it via the control panel. Search for Micro Focus License Manager. If
> it is present, hit the Start option. If not present, from a DOS prompt, enter
> the command mflmwin -i which will install the service and should also start
> it. If it doesn't start automatically, then start it using the Services menu.

Micro focus Net Express Personal Edition does not have any program
called "mflmwin". I am running on Windows Vista 32. I could not find
any license manager service in my services.

Thanks