From: nemmens on
Hi,

Running server 2003. I recently had a problem with my license server. It
said status unknown and I could not add any licenses. So, I removed and
re-added the service. I then activated the server and re-installed each
device cal license I had. These all added successfully.

I have 70 odd users though, all using winterms. When I looked just now, only
5 licenses have been allocated and 2 temporary. I have three terminal
servers, on each one it has found the license server and the mode is per
device. How are these winterms connecting if the license server isn't
allocating a license?

I'm concerned that I may hit a point where a grace period is reached and all
of a sudden no-one can connect.

Any info appreciated.
From: Silvia Doomra [MSFT] on
Are your TS able to find license server through Auto Discovery? If so, then
is there any other license server in the domain?

Can you please confirm what is the license present on the client if he is
not getting issued a CAL from the license server?
I having a temp CAL or a perm and issued from which license server?
To get the CAL information, you need to run a tool tstst.exe which can be
downloaded from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en

Thanks
Silvia