From: nm5k on
On Mar 10, 12:08 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
wrote:

> As far as "maybe I will figure it out" goes, I would suggest the time
> has come, as use of an image editor is an important part of this hobby.

Post processing is half the fun.. :) One needs to at least know
how to crop and re-size to take full advantage of the images they
shoot. Other skills can be handy too..
The cropping and re-sizing should be able to be done with the
camera software.
I use many different programs myself. I use paint programs to
crop and hide stuff.. IE: I used the simple MS paint program
to take the buildings and trees out of my #1 shot.
I've use GIMP for some stuff. But I usually crop and re-size
using the stock Sony software. It tells me what the exact file
size will be vs quality and size and makes it easy to decide what
I want. For instance I have to hold it to 300k for the mandates.