From: CBC on
I have two questions regarding link bars.

1. When I edit the a webpage the link bar images appear as they should in
the page that is on my C:/ drive but when I FTP the page to the host server
the images do not transfer. The links that are attached to the bars transfer
but the images do not. I have updated the "themes" characteristics on the
host server and that did not make a difference.
2. When I edit the linkbars (using shared borders feature) on specific
webpages in the website on my computer, the link bars change for all pages on
which I have them. How do I edit linkbars on one page and not have those
changes appear on other pages of the website?

From: Rob Giordano [MS MVP] on
2- you don't- that's how shared borders work...change something in one and
it changes in all pages with shared boards.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

From: Dan L on
And for 1. Make sure your images are *in* the folder that the hyperlink
points to (presumably the images or img folder). Additionally, if you're
hosted on a *nix server, be sure the file names match *exactly* - *nix
servers are case sensitive.

From: Tina Clarke on
"CBC" <CBC(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two questions regarding link bars.
>
> 1. When I edit the a webpage the link bar images appear as they should in
> the page that is on my C:/ drive but when I FTP the page to the host
> server
> the images do not transfer. The links that are attached to the bars
> transfer
> but the images do not. I have updated the "themes" characteristics on the
> host server and that did not make a difference.
> 2. When I edit the linkbars (using shared borders feature) on specific
> webpages in the website on my computer, the link bars change for all pages
> on
> which I have them. How do I edit linkbars on one page and not have those
> changes appear on other pages of the website?
>
> Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Dump them where they belong in the bin!

use Page Includes (frontpage includes) instead ...
http://anyfrontpage.com/ezine/va/frontpage-includes.htm#FrontPage_Article

then you can change menus from page to page

if you want styling use css

eg http://13styles.com/

Tina
Expression Web EASTER GIVEAWAY
http://www.frontpage-to-expression.com/expression-web-giveaway.html
Prizes: EW 3.0 x1, Migrating from FronPage to Expression Web Ebook x2, EW
Tips Ebooks x3
Special Prize: SEO Toolbar for any version. Runs: 12th March - 30th April

Pages: 1
Prev: The CSS Corner: About CSS corners
Next: quick fix: