From: chris on
had same problem. here's how i fixed it:

in norton safe web account i removed my website (www.bourgetspa.com) from my profile. then re-added it and requested a NEW verification file.

with this new file - I saved & posted it in my website's root directory as www.bourgetspa.com/nortonsw_blahblabblah.html.

then I went back to norton safe web and re-verified and everything worked fine...

good luck.

anne hanson wrote:

Norton approval of website
14-Nov-09

I would like site verification an must complete the following process before norton will "verify" my website as "safe". They write:

Please follow the steps outlined below to complete the registration process:
Step 1: Add a publicly viewable file at the root folder of your Web site.
a) Create a file with the following file name and content: File name: nortonsw_d63ba1b0-b267-0.htmlFile content: 5gsxrw0455q-6qxzyhjnc70ykgdgp0hut3aqwgt8gjpu2vx8d1w1o060lb4j3uvboo7jt-kgiru43k48r3q2c797b6i2xta9ktrb7ul5nm17boe1f6d9-rvykjcfxc7c
b) Add the file to the root folder of your Web site.
c) Verify that the file is publicly available at: http://minnetonka.dk/nortonsw_d63ba1b0-b267-0.html

Step 2: Initiate the verification process Once you have completed Step 1, please click on following link to initiate the verification process: http://safeweb.norton.com/site_dispute/verify_site/55208

My question - Where exactly do I place this file? I have acces as administrator to my webpage, but I have no idea where the "root file" is, or where I should paste the file to make it publicly available.

Can anyone help?

Anne C. Hanson

On Monday, March 09, 2009 8:55 PM
Hub wrote:

Website root folder
I am trying to get website ownership verified by Norton Antivirus. They say I
need to copy a verification code into my website root folder. Are they
talking about the code area of my index page? As you can tell I am just
learning.
Thanks
Bob

On Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:20 AM
Ronx wrote:

Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
companies such as Google that require a website verification page either
look for a meta tag in the home page containing the verification code, or
an empty page with a particular name.

Does this help?
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

"Hubb" <Hubb(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Saturday, November 14, 2009 8:09 AM
anne hanson wrote:

Norton approval of website
[...]

DataContractSerializer Basics
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ad947ce6-cd3e-4647-b69c-94d2f3b1b265/datacontractserializer-ba.aspx
From: Tom Willett on
Egghead alert!
Do you really think the OP is coming back to see any further answers to a
post that is several months old, and especially since the subject has
changed? How would they know what to look for?

You need to use a real newsgroup..

--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
:
: in norton safe web account i removed my website (www.bourgetspa.com) from
my profile. then re-added it and requested a NEW verification file.
:
: with this new file - I saved & posted it in my website's root directory as
www.bourgetspa.com/nortonsw_blahblabblah.html.
:
: then I went back to norton safe web and re-verified and everything worked
fine...
:
: good luck.
:
:
:
: anne hanson wrote:
:
: Norton approval of website
: 14-Nov-09
:
:
: Ronx wrote:
:
: Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
: Don't know about Norton - I always avoid Symantec products - but other
: companies such as Google that require a website verification page either
: look for a meta tag in the home page containing the verification code, or
: an empty page with a particular name.
:
: Does this help?
: --
: Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression)
: Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
: http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
:
: "Hubb" <Hubb(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: news:441B15A5-9EAF-4BDF-80CD-F508B3B375CE(a)microsoft.com...
:
: On Saturday, November 14, 2009 8:09 AM
: anne hanson wrote:
:
: Norton approval of website
[...]
: Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice