Prev: debugging
Next: SQL Commands
From: Servizio Tecnico on
Hello,

I must link with embedded SQL one file .MDB. Can I use DNS-less function?

Now I use this:
exec sql
connect to 'FuturaPJ' user 'Administrator/.'
end-exec.
where:

FUTURAPJ = Link created with ODBC in Control Panel and written in a INF file
described in COBOL85.CBR:

@ODBC_Inf=Futura.Inf

Where inside Futura.Inf:

[FuturaPJ]
@SQL_DATASRC=FuturaPJ

In VB, for example, DNS-less function is possible. Is possible inFujitsu v7
too?

Thanks in advance.
Roberto

From: Frederico Fonseca on
On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 12:20:35 +0100, "Servizio Tecnico"
<software(TOGLIQUESTO)@gescart.it> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I must link with embedded SQL one file .MDB. Can I use DNS-less function?
>
>Now I use this:
> exec sql
> connect to 'FuturaPJ' user 'Administrator/.'
> end-exec.
>where:
As Fujistu COBOL is limited on what you can use on their ESQL I do not
recommend you use this unless you are converting existing program.

If you are starting from scratch I would instead advise you to use
plain ADO.

See http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=5475 for my FaQ on "Using ADO
with Fujitsu NETCOBOL" for an alternative way.
there is a learning curve required, but at the end it will probably be
worthwhile, and you will have less issues with it.

>FUTURAPJ = Link created with ODBC in Control Panel and written in a INF file
>described in COBOL85.CBR:
>
>@ODBC_Inf=Futura.Inf
>
>Where inside Futura.Inf:
>
>[FuturaPJ]
>@SQL_DATASRC=FuturaPJ
>
>In VB, for example, DNS-less function is possible. Is possible inFujitsu v7
>too?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Roberto

Frederico Fonseca