From: Servizio Tecnico on
Hi, I use Fujitsu v7 with Embedded SQL but when I write the command "DROP
TABLE" and "CREATE TABLE" return a error in compilation like this:
SQL STATEMENT IS INVALID - ODBC 7600E NOT EXECUTABLE SQL STATEMENT

Someone can helpme?

Thanks
Roberto

From: void * clvrmnky() on
Servizio Tecnico wrote:
> Hi, I use Fujitsu v7 with Embedded SQL but when I write the command "DROP
> TABLE" and "CREATE TABLE" return a error in compilation like this:
> SQL STATEMENT IS INVALID - ODBC 7600E NOT EXECUTABLE SQL STATEMENT

"CREATE TABLE" is not a valid SQL statement. Are you creating a proper
statement as defined by the SQL language? You need a table name, at
least. Embedded SQL may have its own constraints and requirements for
the CREATE keyword, as well.
From: Frederico Fonseca on
On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 12:19:36 -0400, "void * clvrmnky()"
<clvrmnky.invalid(a)hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>Servizio Tecnico wrote:
>> Hi, I use Fujitsu v7 with Embedded SQL but when I write the command "DROP
>> TABLE" and "CREATE TABLE" return a error in compilation like this:
>> SQL STATEMENT IS INVALID - ODBC 7600E NOT EXECUTABLE SQL STATEMENT
>>
>"CREATE TABLE" is not a valid SQL statement. Are you creating a proper
>statement as defined by the SQL language? You need a table name, at
>least. Embedded SQL may have its own constraints and requirements for
>the CREATE keyword, as well.
"Created table ... " IS a valid SQL statement.

Problem with ESQL from Fujitsu is that THEY have restricted the SQL
statements allowed.

Solutions, as previously stated within this group (and that would show
up if the OP have bothered to search the group postings), can pass
through the use of

1- Dynamic SQL
2- Use of ADO CODE (not the ADO control supplied by Fujitsu (DO NOT
USE IT!!)) (or eventually DAO/RDO)

Frederico Fonseca
ema il: frederico_fonseca at syssoft-int.com
From: LX-i on
Servizio Tecnico wrote:
> Hi, I use Fujitsu v7 with Embedded SQL but when I write the command "DROP
> TABLE" and "CREATE TABLE" return a error in compilation like this:
> SQL STATEMENT IS INVALID - ODBC 7600E NOT EXECUTABLE SQL STATEMENT

Notice the word "executable" statement. There are two types of SQL
statements - CREATE and DROP are both considered Data Definition
Language (DDL) statements. My guess would be that FJ7 doesn't like DDL
through ESQL. You may be able to get around this by using dynamic SQL -
check your manual for that term if you're not familiar with it. :)

~ / \ / ~ Live from Montgomery, AL! ~
~ / \/ o ~ ~
~ / /\ - | ~ daniel(a)thebelowdomain ~
~ _____ / \ | ~ http://www.djs-consulting.com ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w$ ~
~ !O M-- V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e ~
~ h---- r+++ z++++ ~

"Who is more irrational? A man who believes in a God he doesn't see, or
a man who's offended by a God he doesn't believe in?" - Brad Stine
From: Pete Dashwood on

"Frederico Fonseca" <real-email-in-msg-spam(a)email.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 12:19:36 -0400, "void * clvrmnky()"
> <clvrmnky.invalid(a)hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Servizio Tecnico wrote:
>>> Hi, I use Fujitsu v7 with Embedded SQL but when I write the command
>>> "DROP
>>> TABLE" and "CREATE TABLE" return a error in compilation like this:
>>> SQL STATEMENT IS INVALID - ODBC 7600E NOT EXECUTABLE SQL STATEMENT
>>>
>>"CREATE TABLE" is not a valid SQL statement. Are you creating a proper
>>statement as defined by the SQL language? You need a table name, at
>>least. Embedded SQL may have its own constraints and requirements for
>>the CREATE keyword, as well.
> "Created table ... " IS a valid SQL statement.
>
> Problem with ESQL from Fujitsu is that THEY have restricted the SQL
> statements allowed.
>
> Solutions, as previously stated within this group (and that would show
> up if the OP have bothered to search the group postings), can pass
> through the use of
>
> 1- Dynamic SQL
> 2- Use of ADO CODE (not the ADO control supplied by Fujitsu (DO NOT
> USE IT!!)) (or eventually DAO/RDO)

I have used the Fujitsu control without problem, but generally don't because
I prefer to have total control. It works very well with PowerCOBOL.

I'm interested to know what problems you found with it, Frederico, that
would make you want to shout this advice?

Dynamic SQL is not a good solution from the performance point of view, but
it does, as you say, allow you to do things which Fujitsu do not support
through ESQL.

Pete.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3