From: Blumburg on
Using the Insert>Picture>From File comand we can use either the 'insert' or
'link to file' command to insert a picture. During our development we prefer
to link pictures then when completed save the .ppt with all pictures embedded.

1. When pictures are in slides during design is it possible to tell if the
picture is linked or embedded?

2. Is there a way to embed any/all linked pictures when the slide
presentation is completed without going to each slide and reinserting the
picture as 'insert'

Cheers!
--
Blumburg
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <07E6153F-5D89-438F-94A1-62FE46D9C235(a)microsoft.com>, Blumburg wrote:
> Using the Insert>Picture>From File comand we can use either the 'insert' or
> 'link to file' command to insert a picture. During our development we prefer
> to link pictures then when completed save the .ppt with all pictures embedded.
>
> 1. When pictures are in slides during design is it possible to tell if the
> picture is linked or embedded?

PowerPoint doesn't give you any help with this. You'd need to take notes or use
VBA or an add-in.

I have a commercial add-in called FixLinks that does quite a few useful things
with PPT's links.

But don't buy it.

Download the free, non-time-limited demo. It includes a Links Report tool
that'll list the linked images and tell you want slide each is on.

http://www.pptools.com/fixlinks/

> 2. Is there a way to embed any/all linked pictures when the slide
> presentation is completed without going to each slide and reinserting the
> picture as 'insert'

This is your lucky day. <g>

The free FixLinks demo will also do that.

TIP: How to embed linked images
http://www.pptools.com/fixlinks/FAQ00032.htm

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/