From: kay on
I am trying to create a Exception Tracking form in Access.
I have created a sub form in Main form.
Let me first explain what is in sub form.

Sub form has all the main fields to track the exception. It is in datasheet
view.
ExceptionID, Type,CustID, UserID, LastUpdated, Comments, DeptID,etc..

In Main form :
It has two combox : ExceptionID (Form ExceptionID table), DeptID (From
Department table)
Also it has few buttons : Save, Exit, ViewInfo, Find

Now what I want to do that I want to link these two forms such that
When I select ExceptionID and DeptID from drop down combo box list,
It should filter this on subform data.

Then, When I select(highlight) particular CustID on subform and then if I
click on ViewInfo button, it should popup the ViewCustInfo form and show the
details of selected CustID.

Same way – on click – Save/Exit/Find it should perform the operation on sub
form.

This is my first trial with creating sub form so I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Pages: 1
Prev: Docmd.Applyfilter
Next: Combo Box Formatting