From: nobullant on
HP scanjets have an "one touch" scan button on front panel. Can I have
a command line link that will do the same?

The following starts the scanner software, but it needs user input to
complete. C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqscnvw.exe . Maybe
it needs some command line settings?

I've asked 4 forums, no help yet.
May have to beg HP for help.

From: Danny on
Are you looking for a solution which would be similar to the scenario:

1. user boots pc to windows

2. user puts paper in HP device

3. user pushes scan button on scanner

4. WIA (or STI) event service already running on boot detects push
event

5. WIA (STI) launches pre-defined registered application

6. HP scanner hardware scans documents

7. WIA (STI) sends image data to application

User would then validata image integrity, quality, save as, etc...

or are you looking for somthing more?

You're describing a Still Image (STI) push event which described in
detail from the MSDN website. But, rather than re-inventing the wheel-
HP may have already done this for you.I'd recommend verifying with HP
support to see if there's an application/ utility which utilizes the
STI push event and allows the user to supply additional arguments such
as scan to pdf, scan to print, scan to file , scan to ftp, etc...
Visioneer/ Xerox version of this is their OneTouch utility. It's
basically another UI for the Windows Scanners and Cameras device
events.

Fujitsu has a free download which is STI registered to handle these
events called scandall21. The application however is a Twain 1.8
compliant program. If you want to take a look, goto:

http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/COMP/fcpa/scanners/drivers/ScandAll21.exe

there's going to be 2 setup files. One for a standard windows
environement, and the other for a SharePoint Server environment.

Let me know if you have any questions...

Hope this helps~

Danny Ha

From: nobullant on
Thanks for your reply Danny.
I will try to explain better...
(1) Computer boots automatically due to "Auto Power-on Shut-down"
program.

(2) "Auto Power-on Shut-down" program task scheduler then calls a
program to scan the document without user input.

(3) "Auto Power-on Shut-down" program turns the computer off.

Regarding (2) What I need is a command line link, that does the same
thing as the scan button, on the front panel of the scanner. It scans
the document and saves it without user input.

Art-Copy Scripting Edition, also TwainSave, do what I want but are
expensive, more than my scanner cost.
I will keep looking for an cheap/free TWAIN scanner program with no
user input option.

Any Ideas welcome.

Regards.

From: nobullant on
Found solution.
Twain Commander "twaincom c:\test.tif -n -h" does what I want.
The "-h" part hides the user interface.
Scans, saves, no user input :)

From: Danny on
Hi nobullant,

Great to hear.. That's a pretty interesting way for scanning. ...
scanning without the user being involved; the only thing I'm curious of
is: Is the user still placing the documents in the scanner chute and
removing the scanned pile off the stacker of the scanner? or are you
planning to use a flatbed with a single document?

Either way, it's good to hear that you found a solution. I appreciate
you shedding some light into another method of image capture.

Take care,

Danny