From: bezzauk on
Hi.. Please can someone give me some help.

I have a form named 'Drawings'
I have a subform in this form called 'Revision Details'

I want to link the 2 forms so that the revision details for the current
record are shown.
So when I change to the next record the revision details for that record
should appear.
At the moment the revision details subform stays filled out with the same
data no matter what record I am viewing.

Is there a way to link it so that the revision details subform shows data for
the current record?

Many thanks for your help,

Bez

From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
Assuming you have a field in the Revision Details record that matches a field
in the record in the Drawings form, which you have to for this to work, in
Design View select the subform control (the control itself, not the form the
subform is based on) then goto Properties - Data and set the Link Child
Fields and Link Master Fields to the matching fields.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

From: bezzauk on
Thank you,

Im not sure I am doing it correctly as It does not seem to work.
I have a field in the revision details record called 'Drawing Number'
I have a field in the drawings form called 'Drawing number'

The only place I can find the link child and master options is if I open the
revision details table in design view and go to the properties for the the
field 'Drawing Number'.

How do I then set these to the matching fields? Or am I completely barking up
the wrong tree!!

Thank you for your help,

Bez

From: KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com on
Bez:

The LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields properties are properties of the
subform *control*. This is the control in the parent form, Drawings, which
houses the subform, Revision Details. Open the Drawings form in design view
and then select the control which houses the Revision Details subform. In
its properties sheet you'll find the LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields
properties on the Data tab. Set both of these to [Drawing Number].

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

From: bezzauk via AccessMonster.com on
Thank you,

I have managed to find and do the below. But now the Drawing Number field in
the revision subform displays #Name?
Which makes me think it cant find what it is looking for!!

Confused!!

Cheers

KenSheridan wrote:
>Bez:
>
>The LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields properties are properties of the
>subform *control*. This is the control in the parent form, Drawings, which
>houses the subform, Revision Details. Open the Drawings form in design view
>and then select the control which houses the Revision Details subform. In
>its properties sheet you'll find the LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields
>properties on the Data tab. Set both of these to [Drawing Number].
>
>Ken Sheridan
>Stafford, England
>
>>Thank you,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
>>>subform is based on) then goto Properties - Data and set the Link Child
>>>Fields and Link Master Fields to the matching fields.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Group Control Missing
Next: Font Color in Technic