From: Joe on
In Powerpoint 2003, I'm pasting special, paste link an excel file(s) into a
slide presentation. I had no problems last month - but now when i open the
file i get (File is already open, reopening will cause any changes you made
to be discarded). And the file is not open in excel. My files are on a
network drive so could this be my problem????

Thanks
--
Joe
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <5AFB48C6-6D37-425E-8D4B-324CD36C2C76(a)microsoft.com>, Joe wrote:
> In Powerpoint 2003, I'm pasting special, paste link an excel file(s) into a
> slide presentation. I had no problems last month - but now when i open the
> file i get (File is already open, reopening will cause any changes you made
> to be discarded). And the file is not open in excel. My files are on a
> network drive so could this be my problem????

Could be ... try moving them to a local drive as a test, for starters.

Also, use Task Manager to make sure there are no extra instances of Excel
running invisibly.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint