From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <2010325232042warren(a)slingshot.co.nz>, Warren Hancock wrote:
> I have tried 20 different animated gif's and used them as fill in Power Point 2007. When
the slide show is started the images are static. All the images work fine in 2003. Any
thought here? Sorry for the delay in getting back, I have been away few a few weeks. Cheers.

Try this:

Insert one of the GIFs and immediately start the presentation in slideshow view.

Then save the presentation, close and re-open it and view it as a slideshow again.

Does the GIF work the first time but not the second time?
If so, we may have a fix:

PowerPoint 2007 makes pictures blurry, loses GIF animation
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00862.htm

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint